“Friendly Place with Great Food”
Review of Snack Bar

Snack Bar
Ranked #39 of 288 Restaurants in Hickory
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

This place is so Wonderful. The Salad Bar is constantly being replenished with fresh veggies .
Wonderful Fried Foods , Burgers etc. The Kitchen serves Breakfast Menu All Day which is delicious.
Never disappointed with the food or service. Take a step back in time and this place will not break the wallet.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

We were in the area on a Sunday night and decided to give this place a try. I would definitely agree with some of the other reviewers that this seems to be a favorite of a lot of the local folks. When you enter, you must seat yourself. The menus are at the front counter. We didn't have to wait very long to put in our order. I got country style steak with mashed potatoes and green beans. My order was very good. My wife got stew beef with green beans and rice and gravy. Her stew beef was dry and she said the cornbread was dry also. She did like the rice and gravy and green beans. Our bill was roughly $18. There was a young lady handling the checkout. She was having a hard time getting the receipt to print and I thought she could have been a little more professional. Overall, it was not a bad experience and I would return.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

This is one of those places where "everybody knows your name," unless you're from out of town or it's your first time. Our first impression wasn't good: we waited to have our order taken almost 10 minutes after sitting down while servers spent a lot of time just chatting with apparent regulars. But when we were finally noticed, the server was very nice and efficient. The food was good old southern comfort food and lots of it. And the prices were right. I had the meatloaf and loved it. Next time I'm trying the huge plate of great looking fried chicken livers! We'll certainly go back, and if we get noticed sooner, I'm sure we'll rate The Snack Bar as "excellent."

Reviewed 12 November 2017

We went for an early supper, it was the first time visiting this restaurant. There was a choice of biscuits or corn bread, we both opted for the biscuits. Then choice of side or salad bar. We both went with the salad bar, there were decent choices, nothing outstanding, but everything appeared fresh. By the time we got back to the table with salads, our entrees were on the table. My sister had the rib special and she said that they were very good. I had the country style steak, and I found it to be good, but nothing out of the ordinary. That said, the food was decent and prices very reasonable. Service was good, our waitress was attentive. Will most likely go back.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We came for a late lunch and the place was still busy but didn't have to wait. This is Southern cuisine. Fried pork chops very good and have Southern vegetables like Lima beans and white corn. Also a salad bar. Biscuits were also very good.