“From Bento Boxes to Fresh Sushi, It's Terrific!”
Review of umi

umi
Price range: USD 15 - USD 20
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2015

I have eaten lunch there as recently as today, and I am never disappointed by the food or the service. The interior is tasteful and beautiful from the sushi bar to the two dining rooms and the outdoor seating. Servers are friendly and explain different dishes enthusiastically and check back often to see what you may need. Check presented promptly and we were thanked as we left. Especially tasty are their tempura dishes. The Bento Boxes always leave something to take home.

Reviewed 1 October 2015

Had a great experience last night . All three of us enjoyed our meals. The server was excellent and kept checking on us through out the evening. Not only were our dishes tasty , had eye appeal but they were generous to boot!

Reviewed 30 September 2015

While getting off to a rocky start with our drinks arriving after we had finished our soup, the rest of our experience here for dinner was great. I'm not very familiar with Japanese food, but I am now quite a fan after having their Bento Box with scallops, beef, veggies, California rolls and shrimp dumplings (I couldn't get enough of those - yum!!!) My husband also had a Bento Box, but with shrimp and chicken, along with the veggies, California rolls and shrimp dumplings, which was also very good.

So we are looking forward to a return visit and I will probably have exactly what I had this time!!!

1  Thank Anne M
Reviewed 30 September 2015

Expect authentic traditional Japanese sushi, sashimi, tempura, and hibachi prepared really well. Ingredients are all fresh and first rate, service is efficient and friendly, and the ambiance is cozy and inviting. Portions are quite good, and prices are moderate.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

We had dinner at umi last night and absolutely loved it! The sushi is very, very good! I ordered a Bento box and was delighted with my choice. The teriyaki steak and teriyaki scallops were especially good! Our service was a bit "off" (we did not get our salads until after our main dishes were served), but it was pretty busy and I know our waiter had many tables to cover. We will definitely be returning!!!