“Definitely not going back.”

Fireside Restaurant & Pancake Inn
Ranked #11 of 178 Restaurants in Hendersonville
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 May 2021

My husband and I went for breakfast based solely on this being the #1 breakfast place in Hendersonville per TripAdvisor. Absolutely not. My hashbrowns did not spend more than a minute or two on the flat top so they were not cooked. The ketchup, syrup and blueberry compote had CLEARLY been watered down. Our bill was $30 and when they asked how it was I would've said but there was a hand written sign behind the cashier that said "keep it positive or keep it quiet" . Save your $30 and go to Hendough or Pops, both are cheaper and better.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (372)

Reviewed 27 April 2021

I had seen good reviews, but was afraid the weekend breakfast/brunch wait might be prohibitive. The place is bigger that the photos indicate. Roomy dining areas with friendly service and solid country breakfast. The country ham is a winner - and the pancakes are awesome. Was having trouble deciding between banana and strawberry pancakes - the waitress said, "Why not have both?" Brilliant. (The milk gravy is a little sweet for my liking, but to each his own.)

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 30 March 2021 via mobile

Friends who live in the area took us here for breakfast, and it was great. Everyone wore masks until seated, and servers wore masks. Everyone was pleased with their orders. I ordered grits, a fried egg, and two sausage patties-all were very good. One pancake was my choice for a side, and being able to add warm maple syrup was a treat. Even the coffee was good, and I noted that they serve Cuban coffee.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 27 January 2021

I have been to Fireside many, many times. Big helpings, great food, friendly staff. They have a lot of positive reviews on here, but I think folks who post bad reviews don't appreciate it for what it is. It's a little diner in a little town in rural NC - it doesn't have stunning curb appeal and the furnishings aren't Ethan Allen. Big deal - go back to SoHo. The food is great. Love their pancakes and omelettes, especially.

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 18 December 2020

Stopped for a breakfast meal and was not disappointed! I had pancakes & bacon (which was crispy) and delicious! My husband had the meat omelet and ate every bite!

Date of visit: December 2020