“Excellent Thai Food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

Located in the historical area of Hendersonville, this restaurant offers a wide selection of Thai dishes. We started with an appetizer of calamari followed by generous portions of cashew chicken and cashew shrimp. Desert was key lime pie. All dishes were excellent! Service by Chelsea was outstanding.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

If you crave a warming Thai experience, both with food quality and service, this is the place. Faggadaboutit Food Snobs! As a travel writer, we have dined at many Thai restaurants in multiple countries for 30 plus years and we were delighted to stumble upon Lime Leaf. While it may not be "Authentic Thai Street Cuisine"(hellooo, you're not in Thailand any more) to those who claim to be purisists, Lime Leaf offers up a delicious menu for Thai food lovers who seek a warm, flavorful well-presented meal. And it's fresh, clean, individually prepared. We have been going here a couple of times a month for the past 8 months and every time we have an excellent lunch experience. We cannot seem to go anywhere else for Thai food because it is so delicious. Pad Thai, soup, salads, Spring rolls (fresh and fried), PANANG CURRY is our fave! The service is outstanding. We usually score Chelsea as our server and she cannot do enough to make our visit an excellent experience. It bothers me to see a "self-acclaimed food snob" rate you poorly as this is a very nice place to dine, with freshly prepared, made to order food. Some people may need to get over their snobbery. I guess there's one in every crowd. In WNC, this is one of the best Thai restaurants we've experienced and we've tried several. Check it out. You will not be disappointed. Unless you're a "Food Snob".

1  Thank Sonia T
Reviewed 28 October 2016

The truth is, most Americans wouldn't know good Thai food if they hit over the head with it. Sure, I'm a Thai food snob, but serving a "Thai" dish with ketchup as the sauce is appalling. They should be ashamed of themselves. Lunch was a good price, for sure, but I wasn't full when I finished. And the decor is very attractive. There are two other Thai places in town, neither are great, but certainly better than this tourist trap.

Reviewed 11 October 2016

Good place for lunch. Atmosphere is awesome right down to the restrooms. Our portions were comparable for lunchtime, and the service was very good. Dishes tasted authentic.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

If you look at my other reviews you will see that my wife & I eat Thai food a lot. We cook Thai food from scratch and seek out Thai restaurants when we travel in the states and Canada. We were spending the day in Hendersonville just enjoying the lovely, early Fall weather and the many, one-of-a-kind shops. It got to be lunch time and we came across Lime Leaf. The lunch menu included several of our favorite curries and a Pad Thai so in we went.

We are use to spending about $10 in Thai restaurants for lunch so the $7.50 lunch menu entrees and the $6.50 special (Cashew Chicken on the day we visited) is a plus.

We were waited on immediately and service was friendly and knowledgeable. Our soup and Thai spring rolls came quickly and were piping hot.

The decor in the Lime Leaf is attractive and soothing. The buildings in downtown Hendersonville are mostly from the early 1900s and the Lime Leaf has done a great job of taking a 100 year old bldg and making it cozy and Asian inside.

My wife ordered the green curry with pork and I had my usual Pad Thai with chicken. The servings were generous, hot and attractive. The green curry is traditionally filled with Asian eggplant and Thai basil; with a sauce of cumin, coriander, cilantro, lemon grass, ginger, fish sauce, coconut cream, garlic and chilies. My wife declared the sauce perfect, nuanced, rich and with just the right amount of "heat" from the chilies. In addition to the eggplant the dish contained green bell peppers, bamboo shoots and moist, tender pork.

My Pad Thai came with the requisite lime wedge to squeeze over the dish and roasted, chopped peanuts. The sauce was a perfect blend of sweet, sour and funky from the fish sauce. The slices of chicken were tender and moist. One of the best Pad Thai dishes I have enjoyed thru 50 years of eating Thai. For $7.50 the Lime Leaf is a great bargain and place to seek out.

1  Thank David O