“Excellent bakery and coffee!”

Underground Baking Co.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Our friends took us here, and we bought some muffins and a scone to take to Hilton Head Island this weekend. While there, we shared a spinach and artichoke bretzel which was delicious. I ate a ginger cookie, and my husband ate a peanut butter cookie while we each enjoyed cups of very good coffee (from the nearby coffee roaster). There are only a few seats here, but the nearby coffee roaster has extra seating so you can enjoy your bakery purchases. Quite a treat!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

One of our best bakeries making organic breads and their pastries and sweets ( no cakes) are desired by many. When the pizza is available you will be doing yourself a great favor buying a piece! Unlike any pizza you’ve ever had before. Store has limited hours - hours change seasonally. The close by 2:30 - 3:00 any day they are open. Friday’s and Saturday’s the pizza is definitely available by 11:30ish, and perhaps on other weekdays they are open. Check their website for more details. Breads (which can be sliced for you) are great as well - I prefer the whole grain ones but that’s due to personal preference. Unlike any you can find in any commercial grocery store and most other bakeries. Limited ‘eat-in’ seating and is counter service only.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I was looking for a bakery that sold multi-grain bread, which was very good and fresh. However, I bought a blueberry muffin on a whim and so glad I did! The absolutely BEST blueberry muffin I have ever tasted! Crisp on the edges, warm and moist with huge, juicy blueberries but not too sweet. Yum!

Reviewed 14 February 2018

I love Underground Baking Co. I really love the coffee from Independent Roasters that they are affiliated with and carry in the bakery. If you are in the area this place is a must stop.

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

This bakery is fantastic. Located on 7th Avenue in Hendersonville. You will find several breads, delightful scones, muffins, eclairs, pretzels and pizza. There is usually a line out the door, there are a few tables to enjoy your coffee and muffin or pizza etc., Oh and cookies very good cookies. A suggestion get there early that way you have lots of goodies to pick from. I believe the prices are good for what you are getting. Whether just looking for some good bread or in-town looking for a light breakfast or snack check out The Underground Bakery.