All reviews pool and hot tub great slide fitness area main pool old orchard onsite restaurant wash cloths weekend trip fire pit working order crab cakes clean rooms waffle maker complimentary breakfast sized bed biltmore estate we've stayed
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

At check in they put me in an already occupied room. Dangerous and a huge mistake. Then they put me in another room and while I had been there only 5 minutes they assigned MY room to another guest who tried to come in my room with me in there. Wow. So bad.

Then as if that whole disaster wasn't enough, room service answered with a sigh and "oh god" when I said I needed to order. He asked me to order a burger and salad since it would be easier and quicker for him and they close in 30 minutes. Really?! So I did. I requested burger very well done with no pink and the bacon to be crispy. The burger was pink all the way through and the bacon was cold floppy and barely cooked. It was $14 but I paid with cash and he had no change so I paid $20. I didn't eat the burger. I threw it out, it was nearly raw.

This palace is a disaster and a joke. I recommend you never waste money here. It's terrible. I will be speaking to the manager tomorrow and requesting at least a partial refund for this disaster. Stay ANYWHERE else.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
6  Thank Patrick E
Reviewed 29 June 2017

We were checked in by an older gentleman that works on weekends. He was extremely personable and knowledgeable. When we asked about area restaurants, he told us about Binions Roadhouse which we thoroughly enjoyed.

The room was fine. If you do not have children, do not get a room which faces the pool because it will be a noisy proposition. We fortunately had a nice quiet room #1106 which was located in a corridor behind the lobby.

The hot tubs were great. We went there every single night of our stay for some hydrotherapy. There were 3 separate hot tubs connected in the center. We had some great conversations with other hotel guests.

We were very happy with the free breakfast. I'm on a restricted diet, so I brought my own teabags and cereal. My husband, on the other hand, thoroughly enjoyed the orange juice, scrambled eggs, sausage and gravy, and toast,

Room Tip: Don't choose a room facing the pool if you want quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2017

We chose Cascades Mountain Resort online because it had so many amenities...nice rooms, pool/spa, breakfast, bar/restaurant, game room, gift shop, location, and so much more... What we didn't expect was the welcoming, friendly, efficient, helpful management (thank you Terri) and staff. The folks at Cascades are truly awesome ! Our stay was better than expected...our room was perfect, we had a great time, and we had the opportunity to meet some wonderful people. We would highly recommend Cascades Mountain Resort to everyone :-)

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Room was a cave (NO outside window) reached by a long hallway like a bunker. "Window" unit air conditioners were working overtime and hallway was so hot the door handle to our room was hot. Never had enough wash cloths. Last day NO toilet paper. Guy at the front desk was pretty smug and snarky; which is what prompted me to write this review. Marketing far oversells the actuality of cafe, gift shop, tavern. "Lush garden" was a few tired ferns and spiky dracaena in the lobby. "Resort" activities (... what resort?) included the pool with a water slide. Period. We were never able to access the internet. (Because the room was in a bunker . . . ?)

Otherwise - nice towels. Cafeteria had great blue cheese burger. Staff was friendly and helpful (except the snarky guy) about bringing summer-weight blankets (our stay was June, 2017) to replace down comforters on the beds.

Overall, we would never book at this establishment again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank EarthSpirits
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night here, and I wish we had more time here. The pool atmosphere was neat and exciting, the kids did not want to get out. The slide is open from 10-9 on weekends, and various other times during the week. Plenty of time for the kiddos to get worn out. In the evening, the pool has a really fun flowing effect with the lights. Fun atmosphere! The layout of the pool is pretty unique with the little baby pools connected at the corners. The hot tub (3 squares intetconnected) is in a separate section from the pool with a rock wall divider. There also is a nice game room. The Orchard Tavern & Bar is pretty good for hotel breakfast food. I actually could eat the breakfast selection offered in the buffet, e.g. it was REAL food. There is a nice courtyard area next to the pool where you could order pizza and drinks. Overall, I was impressed with the cleanliness and the hotel hospitality also. This is a family run business, not a chain, which I love. Will definitely make a trip back again!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family