“Some of the best food I’ve ever eaten!!!”
Review of Jebby's on 17

Jebby's on 17
Ranked #1 of 39 Restaurants in Hampstead
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We went to Jebby’s based on the reviews we read on TripAdvisor - they were right on!!! This place is amazing!!!

When we pulled up and saw it looked more like a bar than a great restaurant we decided to give it a try anyway. We were wrong - it’s a bar AND a GREAT restaurant!

They have the BEST onion rings we have ever tried. We loved them so much we ordered them twice! The sauce they come with is also really fantastic!

We also liked their crab and tomato dip.

For dinner I had the strip steak with mashed potatoes with brandy cream sauce with asparagus. I thought I had died and gone to heaven! I have never had anything so outrageously good! Others ordered the fried chicken and a seafood platter. They also raved about how good the food was.

It looks very unassuming but their food is top notch!!!! I wished I lived closer!

1  Thank irishfaith

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Great local food. Always has a great list of specials. Hamburgers are great. Don’t pass up the French onion soup. Wings are many flavors and great. Salads are always fresh. Service as friendly and quick as it come.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

We stopped in the afternoon for an quick early & simple dinner, so it was almost empty.
My wife had the "TurkeyBLT" Sandwich. It came with Hickory Smoked Turkey, AppleWood Bacon, Swiss, Red Onion, English Cucumbers, & a Wonderful Avocado-Mayo Aioli on Grilled Sour Dough Bread. She thought it was absolutely delicious, I sampled it & agreed. Her side was "Red & Sweet Potato Hash" which was also very good.
I was going to try the Pork Chop, but so glad I changed to the "Jebby Burger" w/ Bacon, Swiss & Sautéed Onions", medium rare, then add a small amount of mayo & ketchup, on a Grilled Brioche Bun & this equals "ONE OF THE BEST BURGERS EVER". So moist & tasty, I will definitely go back for this burger. My side was "Cheddar Grits" which was also enjoyable.
Our server was Ashley, who helped us with recommendations & was very pleasant.
Overall, it is a small, but nice & clean sports bar/ restaurant.

1  Thank GeorgeH-LI_NY-ExPat
Reviewed 17 February 2018

First visit to Jebby's. We are very pleased. Everything we had was delicious and the portion sizes are impressive. We ordered everything before we knew how big the portions were and ended up with just too much food. But, everything was great. The open-faced pot roast sandwich and the buffalo chicken sliders were outstanding. The calamari was very good. My only suggestion to Jebby's would be to have a marinara sauce available as an option. I'm just not a tartar sauce guy. The service was outstanding. Acacia was our waiter and she was helped by Kris. Between the two of them they took amazing care of us. I would highly recommend Jebby's and we will definitely be back.

1  Thank TC C
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

It didn't look like anything special but from the moment we walked in the door to the friendly farewells, it was clear to me this was the kind of special little favorite place only locals know about. The crab soup was one to rave about: creamy without being overly thick and loaded with succulent, fresh crabmeat...probably the best I've had. Our 9 and 10 year-olds were very happy with their sliders, the Ceasar salad was perfect. Our server was helpful, quick, and friendly. I can't think of anything I'd change about our Sunday lunch...we were fortunate to be able to enjoy the experience at Jebby's without the Summer crowd. Don't miss it if you are in Hampstead or even in Wilmington or Topsail, NC!

1  Thank Mariellen C