“Below the standard for a Wyndham property; dirty, bed bugs avoid at all costs”

Wingate by Wyndham Greenville
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed 29 August 2016

I was extremely disappointed by the quality of the hotel room and sales associate staff at the Windgate by Wynhame in Greenville NC. Upon check into our first room my wife and I noticed the smell of smoke, and multiple stains on the run down furniture in the room. The morning Sales associate Katelyn was nice and did her best to move us to what she though would be a better choice.
We went from better to worst, but due to an area event there were no more rooms available and we thought one night couldn't hurt. We were wrong, as she and I were woke at 3am by bed bugs! And upon notifying the night time Sales associate, the response led to our quick departure. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! DIRTY, SEVERLY STAINED FURNITURE AND BEDDING (blood stains on chair and bedding).

Room Tip: Do not stay rooms are horrible!
1  Thank Gregson H

Reviewed 26 August 2016

I have stayed at this particular hotel last year but this year was something totally different. after being on the road for 10 hours I had to come into a room with an odor, no air, stains in carpet and on sheets. I was moved to another room and that night was ok the next night I find a roach in the bathroom but because the hotel was booked and all others in the area, I pretty much set up all night until I left 7am the next morning because I could not sleep knowing that this was an issue. I do not do bugs let alone roaches. The manager on staff did nothing and made a statement that he accommodated me by moving me to another room. I am highly pissed and upset with the entire stay and my dealings with the management and staff there.

1  Thank 124ebony
Reviewed 26 August 2016

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

I found a good deal on priceline.com so we tried the Wingate, despite some of the less than flattering reviews I had seen. We were in town for a surgery. The hotel staff was friendly. Fruit was given out at the front desk for snacks throughout the stay. Breakfast was good. It was standard continental with some hot items (sausage, fast food type eggs, gravy, waffles, etc.) as well. The hotel does need updating to it's decor and furnishings. However, we found our room clean and in order. Our stay was quiet. The hotel and area seemed safe. There is an indoor pool and jacuzzi. Although it seemed maintained, the paint at the bottom is stained and chipping so it makes the pool look somewhat dirty. I did not like that part so we did not use those amenities. Overall, it was a nice stay at a reduced rate so I was happy.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business