“Good, we really liked it and the waiter was very nice as well”

On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
Ranked #76 of 261 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Description: Every day at 8 a.m., we start chopping veggies, soaking beans, and prepping our mesquite-fired grill. Not because we have to, but because we believe in delicious flavors made-to-order, from hand-rolled enchiladas to our sizzling fajitas to guacamole made right at your table. Everything pairs nicely with a grande margarita, and of course, enjoy the always endless chips and salsa.
Reviewed 3 May 2017

We had never been here before. Nice decor, food was good, fresh and was visually appealing as well. We ordered the enchiladas. They were good, rice and beans served in a bowl were very tasty as well. Chips nice and fresh two kinds of salsa mild and spicy. We will be back.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

We beat the lunch crowd and were promptly seated. We both had the Wednesday lunch special- nicely flavored chicken fajitas. Our server, Keonia, did a good job of checking on us and made sure that we had enough to drink.

Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

We went on a Friday night they wasn't busy.It took our waiter awhile to get there.Thenbwe order chips queso,cheese wasn't melted in it good not very hot. They husband ordered a burrito he said u t was okay .I ordered chicken fiesta they were awful I o r greed no green peppers there was green pepperd then the onion was so little only enough for I fiesta the wraps didn't taste done they both out 4 shells had to ask for more I had to ask different waitress for drink Our bill for so high priced for no more more we got we will never go back. When you come in front door it had a bad smell.Whrn my husband talk about the smell it is bad.Will not go back. RHB/SPB

Reviewed 7 September 2016

I have eaten at several restaurants of this chain throughout FL and even another in NC. I was looking forward to eating at this one, but my daughter had her therapy dog with her. We realized this location has an outside seating area with an outside entrance; we asked the hostess if we could sit outside with our dog and she said, sure. When we were getting our dog out of the car, the manager came running, telling us that we could not seat outside with our dog. Do not see the point of outside seating when we cannot seat and eat with our well behaved and vetted therapy dog. This was the first time any restaurant with an outside seating and outside direct entrance to the outside area has ever stopped us from using it with our dog. Is the outside seating area just for smokers? I am sure that second hand smoke is more detrimental to your patrons than a well behaved dog sitting under the table. Good bye On the Boarder we walked away and will never again visit another On the Boarder Restaurant if it is true that this is a restaurant wide rule.

Reviewed 19 July 2016

My wife and I visit this OTB location often. Only because of us liking the food, living close by, and the menu selection. But be advised the service is VERY hit and miss,and It has been that way for years! The food is always good, but your order could be wrong, your wait time after placing the order could be excessive, your portions could be smaller than expected, and then again everything may work out perfect! There is absolutely no consistency to this place! If you are going there for a special occasion, or on a time schedule I would advise not risking a mess up. I have learned going in to be upfront with the wait staff and having them repeat my order. It's unfortunate because I really do like this place............