“Dinner out”

Twin Tops Fish Camp
Ranked #21 of 261 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

This is a great local place for seafood. They have a lot of options on their menu. Even chicken for anyone not in the mood for seafood. We go there often and the food is consistently good. Will be back soon hopefully.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We've eaten at Twin Tops for over 40 years. Never had a bad meal. Service is always great. Prices are very good for the quality and portion. You can get fried, grilled or blackened, salt & pepper, or plain.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We ordered from the senior menu and we were quite surprised how generous the portion size was. Hush puppies were brought to us quickly with our beverages. The meals included the salad bar which had a decent variety of veggies, including blue cheese crumbs, which is rare for salad bars since they are pricey. We had a choice of baked potato or fries, which was nice. I had a combo of jumbo shrimp and clams- both were good. The clams were plump and sweet. My husband had a huge portion of white fish, and we both took food home. We both ordered salt and pepper breading on our seafood,
All servers must wait on all tables since several different servers checked on us. All were pleasant and efficient. The only criticism I had was that the restaurant has a musty, old smell that is hard to dismiss. As soon as you enter the front door, the customer smells stale air. Our food was good, service was good, but it may be a takeout only restaurant for us due to this unpleasant odor.

1  Thank Cassandra E
Reviewed 27 May 2018

I'll be first to admit I always tend to find something that I ordered that I did not like or either the staff was just somewhat rude or just did care to provide adequate and descent service but last night I do ally fo u d a place that will surely become my deck d home. I have seeking some fried pickles and mushrooms a r found this place on the internet. Seems like everywhere we went the mushrooms were just watery and the pickles were greasy and would call out of the batter so needless to say none of the other restaurants met any of my expectations but I convinced my husband to take me here nd man old man i really didn't expect to have the best time I've had in such awhile. We arrived are right at closing so your expect to g pushed right out the door. No ma'am- they were so friendly and patient even though they were breaking down to close she put my order right in ! Fried picles,,mushrooms, and hot wings omg they came right out and they were perfectly fried nd thin and crispy i felt like a kid in the candy store! The mushrooms were fried to a golden crisp and when you bite into it to my surprise no water just mushrooms the way real food is suppose to be!! I admit I was so happy and thrilled to get two of my favorites and over noted that someone finally cared enough to cook the food right i didn't even try the wings but for the amount of bones on my hubby plate id say they were amazing as well but let me not forget the staff who continuously checked on us to make sure we were satisfied and you could tell were just good folks. well as my husband said in the car real people care about the quality of service they provide and most here in Gastonia lack this but not here-- they truly put love into what they do and as I told them the Hairstons will see you next saturday!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Food was slightly warm,taste as if it was fried in old grease,fries were cold,quite a few items on the salad bar were missing.The waitress never did come and checked on us and never offered to fill our glasses of tea,instead she was just standing around talking to other customers she knew.We will never step foot in this place again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been to Twin Tops Fish Camp? Share your experiences!