“Room for improvement ”

Brixx Wood Fired Pizza
Ranked #45 of 256 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We haven’t been to a Brixx for a year or so, it was not the quality I remember. My husband and daughter both got half and half pizzas. I got the Thai chicken salad, that had it not been for the Thai dressing it would just have been a lump of chicken on Romaine with a couple of roasted red peppers. My husband ordered rosemary chicken and bourbon chicken but he couldn’t taste the difference between the two. Visually the only difference was the few caramelized onions on the bourbon chicken. Both restrooms were in need of attention and the dinning room floor as well. If the place had been packed I would over look the floors but there were more staff than patrons. The staff was polite but not as attentive as I would expect. The manager walked around chatting with his sunglasses still on his head instead of leading by example. Room for improvement.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

We were looking for a more casual place and pizza was on our minds. We really liked the atmosphere and the food is very good. Do not pass up ordering the pimento Cheese dip with pita. SOOO good. I could eat it every day. We had the Italian beef sandwhich and a quattro formagio pizza. very good. They have Abita root beer on draft and it was EXCELLENT....also had the root beer float - do not miss it if you love root beer!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Excellent pizza and great service. Thin, crispy and delicious. Anyway combo you desire. Will definitely be back!!

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

You can tell there is serious neglect at this restaurant. It doesn't look clean, fresh, or even respectable. No wonder the low turn out. The pizza was fine, but the meat was shredded rather than chunked. Side of olives were overly reasonable (no one eats that much in olives) and our side of ranch was slim. None of the staff has remote interest or respect for the place, talking about getting better jobs elsewhere and full time work. This is a sad representation of Brixx. If the original owners saw this, they would freak.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

This was a disappointing waste of money. My husband and I love wood fired pizza. This was not wood fired, there may be wood in the oven but the food gets no flavour from it. We ordered bruschetta and it was a mess. The bread was just a few small pieces completely out of proportion with the amount of tomato. There were 4 small pieces of mozzarella for half a plate of topping and 5 small slices of bread. Small like 1" wide and 3" long. There was no balance in proportions of the dish.
We had a bourbon chicken pizza.... crust had no flavour, no smokiness from wood, and was coated with raw flour on the base. The topping was meagre and way too sweet. If it wasn't for the few strands of chicken I'd have thought it was a dessert pizza. Again the flavours weren't balanced.
Our server forgot the lemon in the tea, brought back a partly chopped lemon with more seed than lemon. She didn't come past to refill the tea til we'd nearly finished. We had to chase her to get the check.
This was one of the most disappointing meals I've had in Gastonia and for the price I could have gone to a better place for a better meal. I won't be back.

Been to Brixx Wood Fired Pizza? Share your experiences!