See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Let me start by saying I have done a lot of reviews and travelled quite a bit. This motel 6 is the worst I have seen.

The ladies at the desk were nice and did switch our room but the second is still as bad as the first!

The rooms, which I saw 2! Make you feel as if you're in a hospital. The manager explained that Motel 6 chain requires hard wood floors, I get that, but its the worst idea yet. Being on the bottom floor, you can hear every single foot step and drop of anything on the floor. The walls are green and white, I feel like I am lost in a horrible 70's film. The bed... as hard as the hardwood floor. So sad. Even the manager stated, "how do you think I felt being stuck here 3 days when it snowed"... yeah if you can't even back your own motel... i won't either!

I believe the bath room is the best part of this hotel...

My fiancée travelled all day and just needed sleep. So we went with it, we will pick something else next time.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Gastonia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear Mrs. Davis, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.

Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

Love this hotel! I was very weary about staying here with it being a "Motel 6" but I was highly pleased! The rooms are clean and very eye pleasing, comfortable beds and clean bathrooms. All the ladies up front are great and very nice! If you're in the area and looking for somewhere nice and cheap I highly suggest checking this out!

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2016

Front desk was fast and friendly . Our room was very clean and the bed slept good . We could not ask for more at a affordable price . There is a restaurant right next door to it which is clean and very good food for the money .

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TBIRDMAN
Reviewed 31 August 2016

When booking online thru tripadvisor it said the room had a frig & microwave. The room is gross & has neither of these things!! I have a bunch of food that will now spoil & go to waste because of this! I am working out of town & this is not what I expected when I showed up to relax for the night. By far the worst experience I've had!!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2016

Room wasn't bad . Smaller but comfortable . Strong cleaner smell that I fixed with my wife's perfume so no problem there . Everything was clean . We stayed in room 118 close to the office . There was some people hanging out at the back of the hotel so stay to the upper as you turn in . Receptionist was friendly and helpful .

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple