Comfort Suites
USD 53*
USD 73*
  • Pool
  • Room Service
All reviewsfront deskstaff was friendlygravy and biscuitsseparate sitting areahotel is greatgardner webbbreakfast areawould stay here againthe ac unitbreakfast was includedleft earlywafflesnice place to staynice roommicrowave and refrigeratoran older hotelcomfy bed
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We only stayed one night. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Beds were clean and comfortable. It Contained a microwave and refrigerator and other amenities. Air conditioner was a bit loud. A chair was broken and we told them and they said maintenance would look at it. Bathroom needs to be updated. Caulking around tub and toilet was cracked. It has full breakfast with bacon, eggs, gravy and biscuits, waffles and all the rest. It's an older hotel but I see no reason for some of the bad reviews. We stayed until almost check out time because we had to be at funeral by 12 and no one complained. We will stay again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jordan H, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at the Comfort Suites Gastonia. I know it was an unfortunate reason for travel but I am delighted that we were able to make your stay more enjoyable. I hope you will consider us again on your future travels through the area. I hope you have a great day.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here 5 nights. The staff was courteous and helpful. Room was spotless. Nice feature to have computer use. Breakfast usual fare but with a different touch each morning. I would definitely recommend and return.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JCB556

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Comfort Suites Gastonia. It is our goal to ensure that each guest leaves with a smile, and reviews like this will serve as encouragement to our staff to continue to do whatever it takes to guarantee guest satisfaction. Thank you again for your time. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Terrible. The worst place I have ever been. Had to switch to the Marriott. Chris is the manager there. First it was the mold then it was the bugs. At first glance it appears clean in lobby and hallways. But once you get in the room. They are in dire need of below the surface cleaning and a complete renovation of bathrooms.

Please spend the extra $10-$20 to stay at Marriott.

I will let the pictures speak for themselves. And when I reported the bugs there was no alarm. Just passive response that they would move me to another room. I will be contacting corporate.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank wrdcrystl

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your stay at the Comfort Suites Gastonia. I am terribly sorry for any inconveniences you had experienced while at our hotel. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with a superior experience as the impression you received of our hotel is not the impression that I want any of our guests leaving with.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Great. We stayed for wedding and all the guests liked it here. No complaints. Staff was helpful and friendly. Would stay again. Love the sitting areas in the rooms. Comes with microwave, frig, coffee maker, plugin area for all your devices. Breakfast area, exercise room, pool.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We love hearing such positive feedback about our property and staff. We hope you will stay with us the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

This hotel needs lots of repairs. Hotel is 100% smoke free, yea not true! First room 5th floor could smell cigarettes smoke in room. Went to desk and had to wait for clerk to finally come to help. Assigned another room across the hall and it was worst than first. Went to clerk and he finally assigned a 4 th floor room that smelled okay.
AC was in rough shape, took a whole day to cool room down. Couldn't flush toilet as handle was broke. When you sat on toilet it would rock n roll. Had smell of urine and old urine around toilet.
They also charge your credit card at 4 pm unless you camel before that time. Upon check in he asked for ID and credit card as he needed to swipe. Yea, it charges for the following day, what would happen if I needed to go home? I bet no refund!
Never returning to this hotel. I suspect money problems.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank hopeful1949

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Comfort Suites Gastonia. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you had experienced during your stay at our property. We are a 100% non smoking hotel, if a guest smokes or damages the room they will be charged a $150.00 smoking/damages fee. We authorize all credit cards at 4pm day of arrival to guarantee reservations. At check in the card will authorize for the rest of the stay to guarantee the entire stay. I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience this may have caused. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with a superior experience as the impression you received of our hotel is not the impression that I want any of our guests leaving with.