“Best Thai Restaurant in Area”

Boone Thai Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 94 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

I've eaten at this restaurant off and on for the last three years. I used to think it was typical but after eating at other Thai Restaurants I believe it is an amazing restaurant. The decor and food are well above average. If you like Thai and are in the Franklin area it is a must stop (except Wednesday) for lunch.

I met friends there at 11:30 this morning and by 12:30 people were coming in the door!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Servings are large even the lunch portions. A lot of variety. Fresh vegetables. Choice of hot to mild spices.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

We had dinner one night while staying in Franklin at Boone Thai. I love Thai food so was excited to get some while in Franklin. Overall, the food and service were good, but not great. Maybe I'm spoiled with lots of great Thai restaurants in Raleigh, but this one was average in my opinion. It tasted more like generic Asian spices than the delicious Thai flavoring that I'm used to. Overall, the food wasn't bad, it just wasn't as good as I was expecting. If you're just looking for Asian food in Franklin, this is probably you're best bet, but if you want great authentic Thai food, you may be disappointed.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

The extensive menu indicates 'heat', which is very helpful! I like SOME, but don't need to be overwhelmed! 'None' is just too bland. Anyway, you can ask for no MSG, which makes a big difference. The house salad dressing has a little MSG, but not enough to get excited about. The food is served on dishes the shape of the meat...chicken, fish, beef, pork. Beautiful. The vegetables are just right and cut in myriad ways. the blue and white dishes are symbolic of Thailand. The tablecloths are Thai, as well, covered with glass for ease of dining and cleaning. The rice is served separately from the main dish. The service is fast and attentive. Prices are appropriate and fair.
Wine is available. So is beer, I think.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

The Thai restaurant we regularly go to when we visit was closed for repairs so we tried Boone Thai. It was very crowded that night and there was only one server. We weren't in Franklin for long and we were unable to save leftovers for another meal, so we thought we'd order just one entree and two appetizers. They had just run out of the sate, so we were down to just one appetizer, the fresh basil roll. We didn't really need two appetizers, we were just trying to make up for the cost of only one entree.
There is apparently a "sharing size" dish that's bigger than the normal and costs another $4, but we wanted to be able to finish what we ordered and we have a pretty good idea of what the limits of our tummies are.
The fresh basil roll was very good. I wish I could wrap mine so artfully. It came on a very clever dish with a space for the sauce. The entree, spicy basil pork, was also very good. I'm sure on most nights the service was better, but this was an extreme case of being short-handed.
My review would have been Very Good but for the chairs. They are some of the most painful padded chairs I have sat on. I squirmed a great deal and considered getting the gardening pad from the car (but it was dirty).