“fresh, flavorful, plentiful, and just plain GOOD!”

Boone Thai Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 98 Restaurants in Franklin
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 23 May 2017

The extensive menu indicates 'heat', which is very helpful! I like SOME, but don't need to be overwhelmed! 'None' is just too bland. Anyway, you can ask for no MSG, which makes a big difference. The house salad dressing has a little MSG, but not enough to get excited about. The food is served on dishes the shape of the meat...chicken, fish, beef, pork. Beautiful. The vegetables are just right and cut in myriad ways. the blue and white dishes are symbolic of Thailand. The tablecloths are Thai, as well, covered with glass for ease of dining and cleaning. The rice is served separately from the main dish. The service is fast and attentive. Prices are appropriate and fair.
Wine is available. So is beer, I think.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

The Thai restaurant we regularly go to when we visit was closed for repairs so we tried Boone Thai. It was very crowded that night and there was only one server. We weren't in Franklin for long and we were unable to save leftovers for another meal, so we thought we'd order just one entree and two appetizers. They had just run out of the sate, so we were down to just one appetizer, the fresh basil roll. We didn't really need two appetizers, we were just trying to make up for the cost of only one entree.
There is apparently a "sharing size" dish that's bigger than the normal and costs another $4, but we wanted to be able to finish what we ordered and we have a pretty good idea of what the limits of our tummies are.
The fresh basil roll was very good. I wish I could wrap mine so artfully. It came on a very clever dish with a space for the sauce. The entree, spicy basil pork, was also very good. I'm sure on most nights the service was better, but this was an extreme case of being short-handed.
My review would have been Very Good but for the chairs. They are some of the most painful padded chairs I have sat on. I squirmed a great deal and considered getting the gardening pad from the car (but it was dirty).

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

Ate here Mother's Day. We travel lots and always find Thai restaurants first. This one surpassed my expectations. The spicy Basil veggies with side of brown rice was perfect. Basil rolls with shrimp excellent with really good plum sauce.
Portions large.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Probably the best shrimp fried rice I've ever had (and I've had a lot of it!). My wife had the veggies with basil sauce with brown rice and said it was the best veggie dish and best brown rice she's ever had. To put this in perspective, we travel a significant amount and look for Thai restaurants wherever we go.
Also, we were the first ones in when it opened and when the doors were opened we were greeted and shown to our table by one of the prettiest hostesses you can imagine.

Reviewed 1 March 2017

We ate here on a Sunday afternoon with some friends after church. The restaurant was crowded but the service was quick and friendly. The food came in a timely manner and was delicious! Two thumbs up!

Date of visit: February 2017