“Surprising encounter in a family friendly town”

Vito's Pizza & Indoor Patio
Ranked #37 of 97 Restaurants in Franklin
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have never eaten at Vito’s but had always heard good reviews about the food from my son, daughter in law and her family. Just this evening we decided to try it as we were on an outing with them and our one month old grandson . As my daughter in law went inside and inquired about seating, she was asked how many in the party. As she said there were 6 adults and a baby, she was told that “we didn’t want to disturb the other guests.” With that attitude, Vito’s will never have the pleasure of my nor my family’s business. We ventured down the road to Motor Company Grill where we enjoyed good food, friendly staff and a pleasant atmosphere!! My family will continue to patronize family friendly businesses such as Motor Company Grill that appreciate the family and their values while Vito’s enjoys their adult only atmosphere.

3  Thank Kelli W

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

My family and friends have eaten here many times in the past but haven't been in a couple of years. We went for a family dinner of 6 adults and one sleeping baby. Vito (the owner) was standing behind the front counter and very rudely asked if he could do something for me. When I asked if he could accommodate a party our size he said yes but asked how old the baby was. I responded and said he is in a carseat and he proceeded to tell me that he didn't want to disturb other guests so he couldn't seat us. What a shame! A place our family enjoyed has turned into this! We won't be back and we will be telling family and friends about the rude owner as well!

3  Thank Tracy M
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

The man at the front was very rude and turned our party of 5 adults and 3 small kids away immediately saying he could not seat a party our size. The sign at the front says “When dining with kids, please be considerate of others” but it was very apparent kids were not welcome because there were tables open. I’ve traveled and eaten out with my kids in countless states and countries and have never been discriminated against like that before. Do not give this restaurant your business!

4  Thank Kaitlin T
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

I probably should have known based on the signs outside the restaurant (“insured by glock,” etc) that the owner would be rude and inconsiderate, but I was a little shocked at his complete lack of customer service and cold demeanor. He wasn’t willing to check ingredients on an item I wanted to order (I have several food allergies) and while we were there he got in a verbal altercation w another customer. What in the world?! And there was a guy with a gun on either side of his hip standing near/in the kitchen?! The pizza looked good but not worth the awkwardly poor service.

3  Thank Jessie H
Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

We've been coming to Franklin for years and honestly, the food here is good. The owner is nasty and rude. If you can put up with him, you'll enjoy the food.

3  Thank Edward M