“First time fly fishing”

Freedom Fishing Co.
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Guided fly and spin fishing. Wade trips, floats trips and guided instruction by David Forkner. Learn to fly fish or finesse your craft in beautiful western North Carolina. We can accommodate individuals and large groups alike with custom trips available for every skill level from first timer to seasoned veteran. We offer a fully outfitted guide service supplying all necessary gear and tackle.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

David was patient, attentive and knowledgeable in teaching my two boys age 9 and 13 to fly fish. They had a blast. We will be repeat customers.

All reviews
"waders"
"gear"
"techniques"

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We had a wonderful day with Dave our guide. We fished a full day with 4 people (my dad, 2 brothers, and myself) all with different skill levels and we ended up landed 21 fish in total with one huge brown and one huge rainbow. I absolutely would recommend Dave to anyone. He knows the river well and does a great job coaching you if you feel less than prepared for the intricacies of fly fishing. He brought a tasty lunch for us to enjoy as well, which was very welcome on this chilly day (his wife bakes great bread BTW). Dave was also easy to talk with and taught us a lot about the local area. Do yourself a favor and book an appointment now, you wont regret it. a highlight of our trip by far.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

I spent the day with David fishing the Nantahala River and had a great time. David put me on the fish, and educated me on techniques to become a better fly fisherman. He was patient, attentive and knowledgable. Couldn't have asked for a better guide and day out on the river.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Very knowledgeable guide with a servants heart. We had a great trip!! I was not expecting an amazing lunch, but him and his wife are amazing cooks.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 September 2017

My wife and I have been fishing for over 20 years. We've hired several guides over the years and had pretty good experiences. We hired David for a full day float trip and words cannot express how much fun we had. David not only knows how to navigate the river, he knows how to catch fish. He provided all the tackle, snacks, drinks and lunch. All we had to do was show up for an amazing day of fishing. He offered suggestions as to where to cast and if we weren't catching anything, he changed our lures. He shared in the excitement of the fish we caught and the agony of those we lost. You will not be disappointed in spending a day with David, he simply is the best guide we've ever had.
Mike- Tucson AZ