“Great tasting food”

Price range: USD 2 - USD 12
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 17 August 2018

Out of the way place off main street in Franklin. When we went for lunch, it was slightly crowded but easy to get a seat. We all has the special of the day, turkey and dressing, mashed potatoes, fried okra , green beans, biscuit. They do have kids plates. When in the area again, I will definitely go there to eat!. Friendly staff and quick service. Good reasonable pricing .

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 31 July 2018

The Sunset is a very good choice for good food. I've only been for lunch and keep returning time after time. I'm on a fried chicken "kick" and theirs is the best. They cook it only when it's ordered. The pies are amazing. I understand two ladies come in about 4:00 AM to get started on them. It's a favorite with the locals and the visitors have discovered it, too. Staff is most friendly. Very good menu and they have specials every day.

Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

I've always eaten here at lunch and thought it was very good. They had special sandwiches and food I couldn't eat anywhere else. However, this was the first time to eat dinner here. It was 6:30 and not crowded. The service was good and our food arrived quickly, but it was nothing special. The chicken tenders were tasty, but were the frozen, breaded type. I substituted a salad instead of having the three vegetables and it was one of the smallest salads I've ever seen. The shrimp platter was plentiful, but average fried, frozen shrimp. I'm not sure I'd return for dinner.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

This place has been around for years. I can see why. I am sure it will be here for many more. Food was tasty the price was great and the staff friendly. What more could you ask for?

Reviewed 6 July 2018

We were seated at a small table in a tight corner by the kitchen door. She ordered a ham and cheese omelette which was fine. I ordered two poached eggs, bacon and wheat toast. The eggs were well done, toast very dry and no bacon. $14.95. Average at best. Hint: I suggest you tell the waitress how you want the eggs cooked and repeat the total order at the end. We passed on the grits, biscuit and gravy which is probably why the higher ratings are earned.

Date of visit: June 2018