“Surprising good.”

Jonny Mac's Lowcountry Grille and BBQ
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Fletcher
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Seems to have a very varied menu for their size. Seafood and BBQ. Others around us had seafood and it looked good but we went for BBQ and were pleased with it. My wife had pulled chicken and enjoyed it. I had the smoked ribs and they were very juicy and tasty. Not real thick ribs but plenty of meat on them. Service was good. Not a large dining room. Kind of hard to find if you do not use GPS unless you know the area.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

The stars collide in this Southern classic, crafted into a signature version via chef/owner Jonny's travels to Charleston and New Orleans. The result is a delectable balance of creamy cheese grits, ample tasty shrimp and magic, served simply in paper--no need to try anything else on the menu. It is THAT GOOD. (We did take out.)

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We had just purchased a new RV (which took all afternoon) and needed dinner before we headed home. We asked our salesperson for a recommendation and she didn't hesitate and gave us directions to Jonny Mac's. The restaurant is very small and unassuming, but OMG the food was awesome. The staff were very helpful and patient as we made our selections (you order when you go in, have a seat and they bring it out. We didn't have to wait long either. The portions are generous and ever so tasty. My wife loved the Shrimp and Grits with a side of collards. My Jambalaya was the best I've had, just the right amount of spicy. The Potato Salad will make you want to slap your mama it was so good. And the Corn Bread was fantastic. Did I mention that the prices are also very reasonable? Now I wish I had gotten a dessert as they are all made fresh on the premises.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

My wife and I, along with my sister, went to Jonny Mac.s for dinner/supper on Sept. 7.
I had the Big Daddy combo platter with jambalaya and pulled pork, with a side of their Bacon & Beef Baked Beans, and corn bread. I don't pretend to be an expert on Cajun cooking, but all of it seemed authentic to me, and all of it was excellent. My wife had a
shrimp po' boy, and said that it was very good. My sister had the pulled chicken with a
side of Cajun fries, and enjoyed it very much.
The portions were very generous, and the price is very reasonable. The service was excellent, with both waitresses stopping by our table repeatedly to ask if we needed anything else.
The only reason I didn't give Jonny Mac's an Excellent rating was the two items they didn't have: some real hot sauce (Tabasco, instead of the wimpy Texas Pete on the table), and Red Beans and Rice. The waitress said that they have RB&R "sometimes"
as a special. I was very surprised that it was not a regular menu item. I couldn't imagine a restaurant advertising Cajun food not having RB&R on the menu.
Overall, the food and service were excellent, and we will certainly be going back.
Hopefully the RB&R will be a regular item. I can always take a bottle of Tabasco when we go back.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The restaurant serves food with influences from WNC, Charleston and New Orleans. The food is delicious! I got the grilled club. It was made with black forest ham, cajun chicken and jalepeno bacon. It was an amazing flavor combination! My husband gets the shrimp and grits. He says it is the best shrimp and grits he has ever had! Staff is very friendly!

1  Thank Kennedy T