“Sunday lunch”

J K's Family Restaurant & Deli
Ranked #240 of 539 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 2 December 2016

My wife and I have been here twice recently. The first time a few weeks ago was with another couple. This time, we went after church. Both times the food was good and served promptly by an energetic staff. This time my wife had a reuben sandwich with a side, and I had the roast beef special with mashed potatoes and green beans. She liked her sandwich. My meal had a little too much gravy, and the beans were served with stewed tomatoes, an unusual combination. Overall, though, it was a good experience. I recommend it.

Reviewed 30 November 2016

My wife and I had heard this place was a favorite with locals so we decided to give it a try. We had lunch on a Sunday figuring that would be a prime day to get some good food.
We both ordered a meal consisting of noodles covered by roast beef and a sauce. The side was cole slaw and mash potatoes. I was expecting the roast beef to be thick and moist like it had come out of the oven. It turned out to be thinly sliced and had the look and consistency of lunch meat someone had bought in a plastic container at the grocery store. It had absolutely no flavor at all. Bland and boring is giving this meat more kudos than it deserves. The sauce was watery with nothing but wet. The mash potatoes came in a small bowl and were gone in a couple of bites. They must have had a potato shortage cause there wasn't any wasted in making our meal. We left feeling like we needed to go get something to eat. Its really bad when a meal leaves you looking for some food. I could have gotten this meal as a frozen dinner at the grocery store and been more satisfied

Reviewed 26 September 2016

When I lived in Fayetteville I went to JK's for breakfast two to three times a week. During a trip back I had to stop in a walk down memory lane. They did not disappoint. It is a bit updated since my recent years but the prices and service were still the same.

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

Salt! Grits must be cooked with salt or they are not good! We love to have breakfast out, and we had not been to this restaurant in several years. It may be several more before we are back. I believe the omelet was made with only two eggs because it was the smallest one I have ever seen. The iced tea tasted like water with about a teaspoon of tea. Our meal took entirely too long for the very basic food that we ordered. We hoping for a new breakfast place with ample good food at an economical price. This isn't it.

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Stopped at JK's for breakfast. This was my first visit. I was happy with the atmosphere. The breakfast was delicious yet simple. Took quite a while to get a refill on a drink and to get my bill. Would definitely go back again.