“good food, nice folks”

Price range: USD 10 - USD 30
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Buffet, Delivery
Description: Shalimar Tandoor Grill & Bar is located directly off of the all American Freeway, on Raeford Road in the Dail Center. Shalimar, Fayetteville’s newest Indian restaurant, opened in early July 2010 with an aim to provide the Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg area diners with a completely unique option on the local dining scene. When you spend your hard earned money on dining out your mood should be transported to a different place and the flavors and atmosphere should make you forget about all of your worries (at least for the moment). With very limited options in the area, local diners have not had the chance to enjoy authentic Indian cuisine as its known to be enjoyed in larger metropolitan areas. The owners and staff at Shalimar would like to warmly invite all of the Fayetteville area residents to give Indian cuisine a try. If you have already tried Indian cuisine, then we humbly invite you to Shalimar and we hope our cuisine compares well with your other favorites. Shalimar offers buffet lunch, elegant a la carte dining, a full bar, carry out, & delivery 7 days a week for you to enjoy.
Reviewed 3 February 2016

the food was surprisingly good for a place that is in the middle of a small city with limited brown folk around I would assume. Take out was quick and efficient. Menu was limited but had enough variation and choice that one would be satisfied.

Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

Where do I start...Comming in for business from Charlotte, I decided to try this place. Being from India the taste is quite different for us Asians compared to Americans. The service was horrible.Heavy set young female the owner was disrespectful from the start. Iordered some korma and some naan. Make along story short. I watched her take leftovers from the buffet and and put it on my plate charging me 17.99 plus exta 3.50 because of a special order. I refused to pay or eat and she threaten to call the law. I woukd highly avoid this place as this place is located in a sketchy part of town and the owner typical indian trying to cheat the system Thank you city of fayetteville for allowing such a terrible establishment to serve your community.

2  Thank chrisstraley
Reviewed 31 August 2015

My stay in Fayetteville was never delightful however, I thought Indian food would brighten that lingering thought, so naturally, I was excited when I found this place. I've eaten here on three separate occasions, each time hoping for something better.
The first time, I ordered in some Malai Chicken, Indian Hot spice level, and it was delicious, just a little bit pricey. Because it was an order in, I didn't experience any service until the second visit, which was around buffet time.

The first time I noticed upon walking in, was the repair job on the booths' seats, duct tape. Not exactly what I would expect when walking into a restaurant that charges nearly $15 for each entree. I guess we arrived there right at opening and the buffet line wasn't entirely filled in with all offerings of food. We had to wait for the 'chefs' to finish cooking. Despite this, the service on this visit was great, the server ensured we were well taken care of, and even hand delivered some of the missing entrees to our table. I did enjoy this visit but the food quality wasn't all there for me. Its called a Tandoori grill, but the tandoori chicken looked thin, dry, as if the animal was sick or malnourished when harvested, not satisfied there. I ate to my heart's content after the server brought out some authentic Indian hot sauce.

The third visit was a work visit with approximately 15 individuals, now I'm not sure if this number contributed to the lack of food at the buffet line, but I noticed, the service was a bit lacking, and there was obvious signs of a recent dispute among the workers in the restaurant. The food was again dry, flavorless and expensive. I've never paid $17 for buffet food that is dry and barely even available at the buffet line.

Bottom line: If you'd like to purchase from this establishment, I highly suggest you order from the menu, I was satisfied with that food, but the buffet was severely lacking.

Reviewed 30 July 2015

My husband and I were looking for something to eat and we decided to go to this restaurant even though I was a bit hesitant because the last place we ate Indian cuisine was absolutely awful.

When we first got there, I thought the service was going to be bad because of the reviews but we were seated right away and the waiter was absolutely great. I can not remember his name but he was a younger guy and he did great with all of my questions. It was buffet, which was great for me because I could have a little taste of everything. He walked me up to the buffet and showed me what was good and what I should eat with what. He continued to check on us but particularly me because my husband knew a little more than I did.

I would definitely go back to this restaurant without a second thought. Great service and food.

Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

We landed here with infant and kids at 9.05 pm. The time for Saturday's is 9.30 pm. But that guy was reluctant to even bother about infants or their own timings.

Also food is expensive compared to any other indian restaurant comparing the quality.