“A pleasant surprise!”
Review of Agora Restaurant

Agora Restaurant
Ranked #109 of 543 Restaurants in Fayetteville
Reviewed 18 August 2017

We came looking for West African food, and were crushed to find that they had closed... and a new restaurant was its place already. But the sadness quickly faded.

We came in 10 minutes to close, not realizing they closed at 8, and we were welcomed in and promptly informed that the chef makes everything fresh and the were unfortunately out of rice and salad for the night, but that we could substitute another side. I had the chicken kebab plate, I substituted dolma for the rice/salad and also order a hummus appetizer, my dad got the Kofte plate also with dolma and we both had baklava... everything was amazing!

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Nice Greek and Middle Eastern specialties. The food is delicious and plentiful. I would recommend eating here.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We were quickly greeted and sat at this small independent restaurant. We ordered the stuffed grape leaves. They were delicious. We had the gyro plates with salad since they were out of rice. The server was great but forgot to bring me a refill of water. The price was reasonable.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

I have eaten here twice, firstly for brunch with my husband and secondly with friends for dinner.
On both occasions we were spoilt for service and delicious food.

On the first visit we shared the Mediterranean plate (mezze of dolmades, feta, olives, tomatoes, hummus & pita) with the lamb Kofte plate (lamb meatballs, salad, pita & tzatiki). Both plates were generous in size, the lamb was flavoursome & tender, mezze & salad ingredients were fresh.

On the second visit I was with 4 friends and the waiter/chef was running low on food (as everything is delivered fresh) - so he cooked/prepared for us everything he had left. This included two large mezze platters, two large Greek salads & plates of grilled meat (lamb Kofte, lamb & chicken kebabs).

We had a small wait since he was doing everything on his own, but it was so worth it, the mezze & salad were light & fresh and the meat was lean, well cooked and flavoursome!
He also rearranged the seating to accommodate our group!

Ten out of ten for hospitality, service, and fresh, authentic Mediterranean food! I can't wait to come back.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

The food is good, nothing spectacular. I wish they served fries w/ the gyros but that's just being a little bit picky. The need a beer license as well and some music pumping in there to liven folks up.