“We've already booked again.”

Review of Orange Fantasea

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Buhler5
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“You MUST read THIS review!!!”
Reviewed 19 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

First let me start by saying we were super excited to stay at this home based on the description and previous reviews, unfortunately it wasn't what it said it was, and I'm not sure who is reviewing this property! We have been coming to the Crystal Coast for 15 years or more and love it here, but this home we will not be coming back to until the owners or Emerald Isle Realty gets their stuff straight! Here we go.........

The home's air conditioning systems are backwards (smaller unit installed upstairs and larger units installed down)!!!!! I'm a certified HVAC mechanic and business owner so I know a little something about zoning issues and equipment sizing!! Even the maintenance guy who takes care of the home agreed that the systems were installed wrong! This results in 80 degree temperatures throughout the day upstairs in the main kitchen and dining (community) areas! In addition, BLACK MOLD is forming around light fixtures due to HVAC issues (I have photos). Super humid and very uncomfortable! I pray the owners read this review and take immediate action!!

This home does NOT have a hot tub (CONCRETED over and we were so looking forward to that), the volleyball court is overgrown (unusable without a net AND our whole family plays volleyball), the beds in every room are extremely uncomfortable with very flat, hard pillows (major back and neck aches for all). We had every age from 5-65 in all the rooms and nobody liked the beds because they are old, tired with lumpy mattresses and flat pillows. Nothing worse than having a great day on the beach and dreading going to sleep at night on the beds (I mean everyone dreaded it). Most of us left early and didn't finish our stay because of not being comfortable! Such a shame with the money we spent on this place!! I pray the owners read this review and take action!!

I know it's hard to turn these places over quickly between guest but some issues to note: outdoor lights not fully functioning, HVAC filters extremely dirty (airflow and cooling issues), ant infestation during rain resulting in loss of food overnight in dining and kitchen area, wasp nest under outdoor chair resulting in myself getting stung twice watching a sunset with my wife, trash cans were all full and super stinky when we arrived, gas to grill was empty, and extremely dirty dining tables/end tables (glass tops with major spills and dirt under glass)!!!!!!

There are some great things about the home like the location, pool, kitchen appliances and size/layout of the home! Also, Emerald Isle Realty Maintenance staff answered all 3 of my calls and responded accordingly and in a super timely manner! I want to thank them for that!

Finally, This could be an excellent property if the major issues were addressed properly (by The Owners and Emerald Isle Realty) and the ads telling the amenities were not deceiving. This review is not one written by just anyone, I own 3 properties myself (2 are rentals) and I have expertise in the HVAC field. I ask that E.I.R. Or the owners respond to this review and contact me to discuss all issues. I had voiced severally of these upon arrival and during the week to which E.I.R. said that "we don't know any of this if none of the guest tell us"! That comment was a little bit of a head scratcher......it's their job to know and address major situations and issues with their properties before they arise or they are doing the owners a huge disservice.

We will be coming back next year, just not to this home! There is absolutely NOTHING wrong or faulty with the MONEY I paid Emerald Isle Realty and the owner for this home. It spends very well and every cent of my $7500.00 paid for the week was perfect. Unfortunately, I did not receive 3/4 of the product or service I felt due for that $7500.00. Maybe I should invest in the property next door for sale and show them how it's done!!! Thank you for your time and consideration in reading this review.

Derick Buhle

Management Response
25 Aug 2017
Thank you for your review of your stay at Orange Fantasea. This island sandcastle home boasts a great location with an easy beach access as well as a large swimming pool with sitting area. I hope these features afforded you and your family a relaxing time in beautiful Emerald Isle. I am sorry that you were disappointed when you found that a hot tub is no longer offered at Orange Fantasea. This amenity, along with the volleyball court, was removed from the advertising last Summer and were not included when you confirmed your booking. It’s always disappointing when that happens, but we do our best to communicate marketing changes and owner preferences. You may refer to your rental agreement for the most accurate description of your chosen vacation home.

Thank you for sharing your assessment of the HVAC at this home. We will pass your comments on to the owner so they can have the units inspected to ensure installation is correct. I appreciate your kind compliments of our maintenance staff as well, and I will let them know that their hard work did not go unnoticed.

We could not agree with you more that being comfortable is of upmost importance on your well-deserved vacation. The owners of our homes furnish their properties in the manner that works best for them, but we will certainly pass this valuable feedback along. The décor in our fine inventory of Sandcastle homes varies, and we are so sorry this one did not work for you and your family. These owners are very customer service oriented and want all guests to enjoy their time at Orange Fantasea.

Thank you again for your review. I hope we will have the pleasure of hosting your family's next vacation to the Crystal Coast.
OnAir6786...
“We've already booked again.”
Reviewed 10 November 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

The house met all needs. The elevator made it possible for our mother to join the all of the fun . We are going back this summer, and probably for years to come.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The elevator and putting green for others. The kitchen amenities were great for me.
Liked least: There was a problem with ants.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
Reviewed 26 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Reviewed 13 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Reviewed 28 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing