“What a dream vacation!!!”

Review of Doctors' Lounge

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
chanler49...
Red Oak, North Carolina
“What a dream vacation!!!”
Reviewed 8 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

I dont even know where to begain to describe how wonderful my stay was at the Doctors Lounge! But let me just start by saying how beautiful the beach house is! Driving up it just took my breath away, and as I walked into the house it just seemed amazed more more and more! The pictures don't even do it justice! The layout of the house is perfect for multiple family's with children, elderly family members due to the elevator and living space on the first floor or just a bunch of friends getting together for a wonderful vacation! I was lucky to be able to spend my time there with family and friends all in the same house! Each room was so perfect with their huge beds, full bathrooms and tvs, and wonderful colorful beach feel I just didn't know which one to pick!! My absolute favorite part of the house would have to be the balconies!! Both are accompanied with either swings, rockers, or picknick tables so you can really take advantage of that wonderful beach air! Please don't let me forgot about that Third story beach view, it was perfect to wake up to as I sipped my coffee in the rocker! I do not have a single bad thing to say about my stay at this wonderful house all the way to the huge country kitchen that had every thing we needed to the cleanliness of the house! There was so many wonderful amenities that kept the men, wemon and kids all entertained and happy!! We spent our time swimming in the wonderful heated pool witch the kids LOVED, walking over to the beach to spend the day and cooking out!! I've never stayed at a rental house before that felt quite like home like this one did!! I am hoping to make this a yearly thing with my family so we can relax and enjoy our time together, we were so sad to leave but we WILL definitely be returning!! 5 stars doesn't even do it justice! I'd give it 10 in my book!

jaconstan...
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Maintenance? What maintenance?”
Reviewed 22 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016
people found this review helpful

This is the second year we have rented this house and the second year we have been stung by either inattentive owners or just bad realty company management. This year's list includes sulfur water from the taps, freezer not functioning in kitchen, dishwasher not working, no small glasses, not enough wine glasses, but enough plates, cups, and saucers to have a state dinner at Buckingham Palace. This is a great house with a good location. It is just a shame that by August, lack of attention to basic cottage management 101 makes this a bad experience. Wake up Emerald Isle Realty and get some changeover day inspection that knows what the hell to inspect.

Management Response
27 Oct 2016
Thank you for your feedback from your stay at Doctor's Lounge. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment, and I appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. We have alerted our housekeeping department about the need for more glassware, and they will be adding small glasses, large glasses, and wine glasses. When you are staying as our guest at any of our properties, please let us know of items like this that you need and we will happily provide them for you. As for the sulfur water, that unfortunately is an occasional issue of island living. Our town has worked to improve this, but it is not fully resolved. I'm not sure what the issue was with the freezer as we don't have any report of it not working during or after your stay. The refrigerator runs on the compressor of the freezer so if the refrigerator was functioning it would indicate that the freezer was as well. I am sorry if the freezer caused you trouble, and we gladly would have checked this for you as we did the dishwasher when you reported that it wasn't functioning correctly.

Thank you again for your feedback. As you said, Doctor's Lounge is a great house and in an ideal location. I hope you and your family will choose to vacation here again.
VA

Corry PA
Reviewed 12 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Management Response
12 Jun 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay at Doctor's Lounge. This home is still fairly new to Emerald Isle Realty and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed it. I hope you will revisit Emerald Isle and Doctor's Lounge soon. Give us a call to reserve your same time, same place for 2014 - 1-888-832-0140.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing