“we finally found our perfect spot!”

Review of Rozgonyi Cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

LCS201320...
Bath, United Kingdom
“Poor value for money”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

After having stayed at Rozgonyi Cottage for the past three weeks, I can't understand how previous reviews written only a couple of months ago can be so positive. While the location on the beach is perfect and the pool is very nice, the house is in need of major work. The house needs a serious clean, not just a few hours between tenants each week. The tip off should have been when we arrived to find a set mouse trap in the bathroom. Had my 16 month old son found it before I did, we could have had a serious injury! Speaking of injuries, the grease on the gas grill is so thick and the overflow container literally overflowing! It looked like it had never been cleaned...so we had to do it in order to avoid a potential fire. The carpet is very old, dirty and needs to be replaced. Much of the house is dirty and worse yet, it's infested with Argentinian ants that are so small, you can't even see them when they are on food. We had to throw away such a large amount of food due to these ants. Hundreds of ants even managed to find their way into a box of completely sealed salt water taffy in a bedroom drawer upstairs . The focus of cooking in the kitchen shouldn't be to constantly check every plate, bowl and the counter to make sure ants don't get in the food. Despite someone coming to spray about half way through our stay, the ants quickly returned with a vengeance. They are coming in from behind electrical sockets and through holes in the corners of walls. More extensive extermination is definitely needed. We also had a cockroach problem in the house too. The bed linens are also poor. When we arrived, there were no blankets (in an air conditioned house that sleeps 10!) and the bedspreads in the bedrooms were clearly old and soiled. The pull out sofa in the basement area is also broken. This could be a fabulous rental if the owners put some much needed time and money into the place but it's obvious that hasn't happened in many many years. For $20,000 (for 3 weeks), the current state of the place is unacceptable.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location on the beach and the pool
Liked least: The ants and how dirty the property was
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 15 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

15 Aug 2013
Thank you for your review of your stay at Rozgonyi and for your suggestions. I am sorry you were disappointed in the cleanliness of the home and we certainly work with the owner to address each item you mentioned. I hope you and your family did enjoy the beach and the gorgeous views from the decks of Rozgonyi Cottage. Please call us when you're ready to make plans for your next stay - 1-888-832-0140.
IL
Reviewed 30 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013

30 Jun 2013
It pleases me to know that you and your family have found your home away from home. I'm further pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay despite some maintenance items that needed attention and I'm happy to know that our maintenance team was able to quickly remedy those things for you. Please call us if we can further assist you as your plan your 2014 stay at Rozgonyi Cottage - 1-888-832-0140.
New York
Reviewed 13 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Check-in / front desk
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
13 Apr 2013
I hope you do come back every year! Rozgonyi Cottage has so much to offer the family's who choose to vacation there. The pool, hot tub, magnificent Ocean views, and great spaces within this home set the stage for a wonderful family vacation. I'm glad this was your experience. Please call us when you begin making plans for your next Emerald Isle vacation and we'll happily reserve Rozgonyi Cottage for you again - 1-888-832-0140.
Poolesville MD
Reviewed 2 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012

2 Aug 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at Rozgonyi Cottage and for your kind compliments of Emerald Isle Realty, it staff, and services. It pleases me to know that you enjoyed your vacation and I hope you will return soon. Please call us when you begin making plans for your next trip to Emerald Isle - 1-888-832-0140.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing