“Beautiful home on a beautiful beach”

Review of Dune View

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
lorit507
Columbia MO
“Beautiful home on a beautiful beach”
Reviewed 5 November 2011 for a stay in October 2011

We came here with an extended family of 10. The place is beautiful and had room to spare as there were no children. The house had everything we needed and more. We used the media room a lot as we had a lot of sports enthusiasts and we watched a lot of sports at night. The beach is as beautiful as ever and I love hearing the wave all night long. We grilled out one evening and fixed dinner twice in the kitchen. It is a huge kitchen and was well stocked. Even with 5 women in there it wasn't crowded. Love the stereo system and the elevator.

There are so many pluses to the house that far outweigh the negatives. But I do have to mention a few. The paint on the outside does need some touch ups. The dishwashers (2) did not clean the dishes at all. We tried twice and they came out dirtier than when we put them in. We had to hand wash everything the rest of the week. That was our biggest gripe about the place. Also, the last night I decided to take a jacuzzi bath because my daughter-in-law raved about them. After filling the tub I "tried" to turn on the jacuzzi and nothing happened, not only that, when I got out I couldn't pull the drain, so I had to leave water in the tub.

On the whole the place is fabulous with a few minor issues. We would definitely go back.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The rooms were wonderful and luxurious
Liked least: The dishwashers
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
4 Nov 2011
Thank you for your review of your stay at Dune View. It pleases me to know that you and your family enjoyed this vacation home so much.

I have submitted a request for our maintenance department to check out the issues which you listed. We're happy to do this for you, during your stay, so please let us know any time you encounter such things.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope you will return to the Crystal Coast and Emerald Isle Realty. We are booking for 2012 so give us a call to make your reservation - 1-888-832-0140.
NC
Reviewed 23 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
CHARLOTTE
Reviewed 17 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 65+
IL
Reviewed 23 June 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 65+
VA
Reviewed 22 June 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing