“Great location for beach/sound side fun”

Review of A Pearl By The Sea

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 42 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
JessUh
“Great location for beach/sound side fun”
Reviewed 25 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012

After you get over the bugs (we live in a wet woodsy area so are used to the same ones), and if they would wash the bed covers and shampoo the carpet, replace some of the kitchen utensils (the hard water just wrecks them--corroded the plastic ones, stained the metal ones, dishwasher was stained!) it would be a spectacular place. When we arrived, the back door was wide open, locked, just not pulled shut so it was wide open and had not been rented the previous week. Some lights were on inside, so it was a bug magnet. Saw lots of them--dead and alive. The whole place just felt a little dirty. We rented end of summer, and it seemed that the bed quilts and blankets were either stained or dirty. The carpet seemed less than clean, although it was not caked with anything, just seemed that way. When we stayed at other places it didn't seem as dirty as this place. However, when you were outside it was amazing! The decks, the views, the beach, the sound area, all just spectacular. We had unprecedented weather. Great location between aquarium, restaurants, and grocery stores. It was a dog and kid heaven. I brought covers for the couches, I didn't even want my dogs on the couches without covers! The TV and WiFi were great, on demand kids shows helped. A nice breeze kept the bugs away sound side, and mostly on beach side, although the flies were bad some days when breeze was light. Some yellow butterflies were migrating, so saw thousands of them fly by in bunches over the week. Lots of dragonflies means no mosquitoes--didn't see one! No luck clamming or crabbing on the sound. Had to order out for those. Rented a kayak. The sound was calm the last day we were there, otherwise you fight the breeze moderately and current mildly. Still worth renting it. You can always hop out and stand--it is very shallow (1.5 ft) pretty far out, maybe the whole sound. A mourning dove and her baby were nesting down by the lower deck (with wood furniture in the pics) so enjoyed seeing them. Sunsets were great. We could not have lived without the beach cart. It is a must. A little rusty and tips dragging it over the hill if you go to the beach using the path to the right. Friendly beach goers, police patrol by 4 wheeler a few times a day, trash receptacles and recycle on beach were great. Water is beautiful and warm once you get a few waves on you. Dogs everywhere, which we love to see. House was nicely decorated. Needs a blender (only motor base was there, no jar), and new toaster oven. Grill tools and scraper would be good, too. Grill was ok, would not want to use everyday. Loved the outdoor shower. It was one of the best features. Hose was great to have, too.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: sound side area, short walk to beach, beach cart, screened porch
Liked least: hard water--stained/eroded all metal around sinks making look dirty, hard to clean clothes, hair. dishes.
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Maryland
Reviewed 16 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012

16 Aug 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at A Pearl by the Sea. I love the location of this home as it does provide easy beach access and the views of the sound are extraordinary. I'm so happy you enjoyed it and hope you'll revisit soon. Please call us when you begin making plans for your next vacation - 1-888-832-0140.
NC
Reviewed 3 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012

3 Aug 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at A Pearl by the Sea. It pleases me to know that you and your family enjoyed your time at this home so much. Please call us when you begin making plans for your next vacation - 1-888-832-0140.
Raleigh
Reviewed 25 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
25 Jun 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at A Pearl by the Sea. It pleases me to know that this home was a nice fit for you and your family and I agree, its location is ideal. Please call us when you begin making plans for your next trip to Emerald Isle - 1-888-832-0140.
Durham NC
Reviewed 29 May 2012 for a stay in April 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
29 May 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at A Pearl By The Sea. It pleases me to know that you enjoyed your time in Emerald Isle while staying in this house. I hope you will return soon. Please call us when you begin making plans for your next vacation - 1-888-832-0140.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing