First, these condos are old and although they've been painted recently, the age is still apparent. What's more, there is little in the way of noise canceling insulation in the walls and ceilings, so if you sleep light, beware of noisy neighbors which will keep you up all night. When we made the reservation, we specifically asked for a clean and well-maintained unit, but that's not what we got.
I will say that the swimming pool is nice and access to the beach is convenient. The tennis court is excellent!
We were very disappointed with the quality of this unit as well as the fact that we had very noisy neighbors who allowed their kids to play all night - including what we thought was a relay race every night at 2 am.
D-107, rented through Bluewater Real Estate, is in need of TLC:
1. Dishwasher door is damaged.
2. The refrigerator is old and rusted. The ice maker does not work (if you turn it on, it keeps making ice and overflows non-stop).
3. The kitchen sink needs to be installed properly as it moves back and forth as you try to do dishes. It's attached with two scab pieces of 2x4 wood under the sink in the cabinet. There is no water tight seal, not that it matters.
4. Kitchen cabinets do not close due to poor installation.
5. The utility room piping contains black mold.
6. The master bathroom shower diverted is rusted in such a way that the shower is always on - disappointing when you have kids to bath and need to use the bath tub.
7. The website advertises "ceiling fans". There is only one fan in the living room which is stuck on low speed. We had to purchase an oscillating fan for one of the bedrooms that was perpetually hot because the air vents throughout the condo were broken and thus you cannot control the air flow anywhere.
8. The bathroom sink is cracked.
9. Carpets are disgustingly filthy and need to be cleaned.
10. Tile grout, while white along the edges where no one walks, is black everywhere else.
11. Living room lamp does not work - you have to try to stop it in the middle of a turn to keep the light on.
12. TV remote in the master bedroom did not work - you have to control the tv from the tv side controls.
13. Vacuum cleaner smells like a wet dog when you run it.
14. Light above the wet bar does not work.
15. The condo was filthy. Attention to cleaning detail is lacking.
16. Bi-fold doors to access washer/dryer are broken.
Again, we specifically asked for a clean and well maintained rental. This is what Bluewater recommended. I caution anyone making a reservation with Bluewater.
- Also Known As:
- Pebble Beach Condominiums Hotel Emerald Isle