“Be prepared to wait for a table even when there are empty ones available.”

Dodge City Steak House
Ranked #6 of 56 Restaurants in Elkin
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2017

I went to Dodge City with family and friends. We had to wait a ridiculous amount of time to be seated even though I had made a reservation. Some got there 15 minutes early and we had to wait 20 minutes past the reservation time to be seated. Some of our party left to go eat elsewhere because of being diabetic and needing food fast. The food was nothing special but it's the only "Steak House" in Elkin. Two plates of medium steaks were brought out charred and had to be taken back but I will admit the new ones came back fast. I went later on with some friends to the Thursday night Karaoke that draws in the locals for drinks and good times. We quickly realized that the D,J, has his special pick of locals that get to sing several songs while others who signed up have to wait . Then he gets the the bartender to sing her song and if you are lucky you get to sing too. Overall I would say it is a nice place but needs better management.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank ChaneySue

Reviewed 15 June 2017

I have written more reviews for this restaurant than any other because it is one of the closest to my house. Every new review is more negative, though.

The wait staff is just horrible, except for one gal that has been there from the start.

Food is horrible. I use to brag about the steaks. Now, I cannot eat one here. Now, even burgers are so bland and subpar, you might as well go to Alex's next door, which is fast casual.

Hostesses here are bad. They should cherry pick the best ones from Cracker Barrel instead of trusting their hiring skills.

Go cherry pick waitresses from Putters, 222, or Southern on Main is also what I would do.

And, why on earth is this restaurant never open? After all these years, you can't build up business to open M-W? That tells it all. You need to know nothing more than that one fact.

1  Thank johnrobertlucas
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Awesome atmosphere and great food with some great service. I've never been disappointed coming here nor have I ever had any sort of issues with the food in general. The steak is always great, New York Strip, medium/medium rare, always cooked perfect, tender and not tough. I've come here a lot with family and we've never had to send food back, you would think maybe once in a blue moon there would be an issue but no, it's always great! Great entres, great appetizers, great staff, all around a good place for a family dinner.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is nice. The food is good. The service is adequate. I don't like loud restaurants and this one can be loud at times. I like to go for lunch or early dinner, because it gets too chaotic in the evenings (especially during karaoke nights.)

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

We walked into this place which was about half full..........empty tables everywhere!!....We were a group of 4...They took our name and said it would be 30 minutes!!!!.....There were plenty of wait staff and empty tables.......so I asked " why is the wait so long? " I was told they were short on menus!!!......This has got to be the dumbest reason I have ever heard for having people stand around waiting for a table......

Date of visit: May 2017

Been to Dodge City Steak House? Share your experiences!