All reviews complimentary glass of wine rooftop pool jack tar pool party growing pains fun hotel fun stay retro feel heart of downtown restaurants and bars parking deck can't beat the location checking in a wonderful stay third floor within walking distance the location is perfect
Reviewed 5 April 2018

A hotel I would highly recommend to friends and business connections. It has beautiful rooms, great service and a lively bar plus a great pool and easy parking facilities. A central location in Durham that it is hard to beat.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I felt like we were in a downtown Chicago hotel. The drinks are awesome, the music is right, the vibe is perfect and the hotel staff are stellar. We had so much fun. I even brought my two kids along (11 and 9) and they loved it too.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I had a last minute business trip down in Durham and Unscripted was perfect! I was able to book a great king room with a view of city center and not only was I greeted with a glass of wine but I was given a free bottle of wine in my room. No complaints at all, great location and super friendly staff.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2018

The hotel is right downtown between the more upscale properties of The Durham and 21c Hotel which is within walking distance to DPAC and all the terrific restaurant options downtown Durham has to offer.

I booked the hotel because they had a very reasonable rate of $115 + tax for a city view room while the nicer hotels mentioned above start at $275. I jumped at the bargain.

Check-in was friendly enough. Parking is $20 a day, which isn’t really that bad. The room itself was mid-century in design as expected, but there were small issues that shouldn’t be in such a newly opened property. There was a dead fly in my windowsill, the bathroom flooring seemed a bit dirty, the water pressure was low, the toilet seat and television screen had scratches on them, the curtains were off their hooks in places and the audio/iPod station was broken. I reported the audio station and maintenance said they’d fix it and they didn’t.

If you stay here, the city view room of 333 was good because it was at the end of a hall away from the pool area. It was winter and no one was around the pool, but I can imagine it would be noisy. The lower-priced rooms will face the pool area and hallway with lots of traffic! It is an old motor lodge after all.

Because of the price and location and general treatment of staff, I was satisfied with The Unscripted Durham. Don’t know if I’d return in the future. You do get what you pay for. It’s also a bit of a young hotel like a Moxy or Citizen M, so if you are not prepared for this particular type of vibe you may consider another hotel.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank TokyoShirokuma
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Outstanding location, central to all of down town Durham's hot spots. Will suggest this hotel to all family and friends. The next time any of the organization that I belong to I will suggest that Unscripted Durham is used.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple