Extended Stay America - Durham - University - Ivy Creek Blvd.
Ranked #57 of 71 Hotels in Durham
North Carolina
“Just okay for us”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2009

Relatively clean, though it didn't smell fresh - other than the bathroom which smelled EXTREMELY "bleachy." Weird ant in the shower. Fine for the price though.

Stayed October 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2009

Visit this establishment for a week during early October 2008.

I like the concept and the location a lot and they are the reason I chose this place vs. staying in the hotel, ie some basic kitchen which gives you a feeling of staying in an apartment vs. a hotel. 24 hour grocery store, Starbucks, Bruegger’s bagel and a hamburger joint are just a walking distance.

However, it is not good for a night or two stay. I think a week or more stay will be fine.

I need to further clean the table which had some sticky brownish stain.

While the bedding was ok, I preferred to watch all the towel and pillowcase myself before using

There is no way to clean the stain on the coffee mug I need to get a mug myself from nearby the grocery store.

I also felt lucky I didn’t find any bed bug there.

The internet access was not as far as I would like but it works.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank bobb_llam
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2008

We stayed at this hotel in OCT 08 and it was perfect for what our group wanted. Let me start by saying that we did NOT want a five star hotel, we were looking for a place to stay for the weekend to go to a UNC football game. We tend to get a little loud and tend to make a mess so I didn't want to get kicked out of a "nice" hotel after driving 12 hours to go to a game. After reading a few reviews I was sure this hotel fit the bill. Once we arrived I was plesently surprised, the rooms were clean and the hotel was very nice. The exterior doors were perfect and our room was right next to a outdoor picnic area ( a couple of tables and 2 outdoor grills) which allowed us to start our tailgating a little early. The one room suite had a bedroom wiith two beds and a living room with a pull out sofa, 2 full bathrooms and a full kitchen. The only thing that could have been better was if there was a dishwasher, or at the very least they should have supplied some dish soap. The staff was very nice and allowed us to check in early. Its about a 15 minute drive to UNC and there is plenty stores around to find whatever your looking for. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Liked — the two rooms
  • Disliked — no dishwasher
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
3 Thank jcongo
Northern Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2008

Smelly, ugly, cheaply decorated, dirty- our room was so depressing. I wanted to leave, but we just toughed it out for the night and tried not to touch anything. Don't stay here!!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — unvacuumed floors, poorly maintained
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2007

I got this hotel at a good price through Priceline and was surprised to discover that it is well located and very clean. It is next to a mall with a Starbucks and a high end supermarket. We found it so convenient to walk 3 minutes to get coffee in the morning(there's coffee maker in the room) and browse the wonderful supermarket. Rooms are of adequate sizes and very clean.The only disappointment is the internet connections seem to drift on and off. We will go back again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank coolwaves
Travellers also viewed these Durham hotels
1.3 km away
9.5 km away
Extended Stay America - Durham - Research Triangle Park - Hwy 54
3.7 km away
Red Roof Inn Chapel Hill

Been to Extended Stay America - Durham - University - Ivy Creek Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Durham - University - Ivy Creek Blvd.

Property: Extended Stay America - Durham - University - Ivy Creek Blvd.
Address: 1920 Ivy Creek Boulevard, Durham, NC 27707 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Region: United States > North Carolina > Durham
Ranked #57 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Price range (per night): $82 - $154
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Durham - University - Ivy Creek Blvd. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - Durham - University - Ivy Creek Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Durham University