“Great Gluten Free Seafood Options! ”
Review of Cravings

Ranked #7 of 34 Restaurants in Duck
Price range: USD 5 - USD 25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours
Description: Coastal Cravings is now Cravings Steaks & Seafood serving Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner 7 days a weeks from 7am to 9:30 pm Outdoor Patio that is Pet Friendly along with our New Outdoor bar the Tap Shack with Live music Every Night at 6:30 pm
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

I have been gluten free for 5 years and this is the first crab cake I have had! They have great gf options here - crab cakes, bread rolls, calamari, flourless chocolate cake, etc. They use almond and rice flour as substitutes so if you have a nut allergy you need to be careful, but they have steamed sea food baskets too! Would definitely come here again!

Reviewed 5 July 2017

We had a large group and they did great. The food was tasty, hushpuppies and crabcakes were to die for! In the evenings they have live music outside on a stage. Great spot for enjoying the boardwalk and Duck.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Wife and I ate lunch here the other day with our pet corgi. There were 6 tables on the patio to eat and the one we sat was the only one without an umbrella. It was rather hot this day and it sprinkled a little while we ate. Clint was our server and he was excellent with his service. He brought out plenty of refills for us and offered our corgi a bowl of water but we already had brought her travel bowl.
I ordered a burger and it was juicy and prepared the way I asked. Also I ordered a side Caesar salad and it was large with plenty of crisp romaine, croutons, and shaved Parmesan cheese. We will definitely stop here again when in the area. My suggestion is if you are vacationing a week in the Outer Banks, DONT go on the weekend as all the other vacationers are either getting to or leaving their rentals. It took an hour and half to get up Highway 12 from Kitty Hawk.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

We went here twice which is rare for us on vacation, in part because our 2 year old can cause a lot of problems in a fine dining restaurant. This place is very casual but the food is very good. Very friendly and welcoming. The waitress even offered to watch our 2 year old while we ate.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

The atmosphere was very good. Music and lights and an outdoor bar in addition to indoor and outdoor seating. It was def. a hopping scene. Very good vibe.
The food was just ok at best. The lunch menu is much more expansive and enticing than the dinner menu but off limits at dinner time. Several of our group of six said they wanted to try things on the lunch menu that weren't available to us for dinner.
Of the 6 of us, only one person said they thought their food was really good.
I had the chicken marsala along with one other person. It was really mediocre. Olive garden or carraba's is better. I've had better chicky marsala at numerous other places.
My wife got lobster alfredo and said it was 'just ok' with little if any actual lobster or lobster flavor in the pasta and just two very humble pieces of lobster on top. More of a garnish than a contributor to the dish.
The appetizer we ordered was like bread with crab dip and that was pretty damn good i thought.
3 other members of our party ordered steak and said they were pretty underwhelmed. One said tgeir steak was not cooked right and was very dry.
I liked our server Stephanie, and their little handhelds they use, but there was some sort of disconnect. My wife didnt get the salad she ordered until after the main course had come and we specifically asked about it again (and it was not removed from the bill). Salad was tasty though. It the grilled romaine salad. Another person ordered fries and didnt get any, another person ordered baked potato and got fries.
It was like $84 out the door for 3 drinks, an app, 2 entrees and a sally for me and my ball and chain (tip included).
Bottom line, I would be very unlikely to return here again for dinner, but would maybe possibly come back for lunch.