“Nice quality, Nice environment”
Review of Paper Canoe

Paper Canoe
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Duck
Price range: USD 10 - USD 38
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A stunning waterfront setting serving fresh food prepared simply and with passion by our team of friends using ingredients from our own backyard. We are dedicated to your experience from the time you walk in the door. An ever changing chalkboard features daily selections from handmade pasta, locally caught seafood and rustic wood oven specialties. Ten Craft beers on draught and extensive reasonably priced wine list showcase our wood oven pizzas and entree offerings
Reviewed 25 April 2016

The restaurant is very quaint and in walking distance from the Sanderling Resort. It is a nice touch that if you leave a message to make a reservation, the owner will call you back. The restaurant has a great view of the water on the sunset side which is a nice added bonus for your dinner. Unfortunately on the night we were there, the sun went behind some clouds which made the sunset uneventful. We started our meal with the crab dip which was very good. They also provide some nice bread with wonderful oil dipping sauce which was also very good. I ordered the wild catch which I believe was a yellowtail snapper. The meal and all the ingredients on the plate were nicely paired and tasty, but unfortunately the fish was over salted. It would have been very good if it were not for the salty taste. My husband ordered the roast chicken and he said it was very good. The only other complaint I had about the restaurant was the chairs in the bar area where we were seated, they were extremely uncomfortable. I am only 5'3 and we were seated on hightop wooden stools. My feet did not reach the bottom rungs of the chair so I could not get comfortable at all, in fact I had to sit on the edge of the chair the whole time we were there, which was just awkward. The chairs are just not comfortable for shorter statures. If I were to go back, I would ask to sit in the dining area. But other than that, the restaurant is worth a visit and the staff was very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

Walking distance to Sanderling Resort, Paper Canoe "doesn't look like much" from the outside (I believe that it is relatively new), but the staff folks are very friendly and the food is outstanding. Walking distance from Sanderling Resort. A great place to watch the sunset....

Reviewed 19 April 2016 via mobile

This is my favorite restaurant in the northern part of the OBX. Great seafood, great service, nice atmosphere. We go for special occasions when we are in the OBX. I love their crab-stuffed shrimp!

Reviewed 16 April 2016

Our local friends raved about the quality seafood and its preparation and we were not disappointed. The crab dip, ice berg wedge and crab cakes were beyond compare. Obviously I love crab! Fresh catch and steaks were good as well. But beware quality comes with a price to match. Excellent means to thank your hosts or to simply culminate your visit. Enjoy!

Reviewed 3 April 2016 via mobile

We sat at the bar and the service was great. Our meal of 4 starters was terrific. Fried oysters were lightly battered and very plump. Corn bisque with fresh corn delicious. Kudos to the chef.