New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Duck
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Canal Fulton, Ohio
“Bad reviews, but what we had was very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

Every year we stay in a house on Poteskeet and this bakery is at the end of our road. We have never bought anything in Tullio's until this year. After dinner out we stopped in to get dessert to take home and have later. We got one piece of key lime pie and one piece of southern pecan pie. Both were delicious. I see lots of bad reviews about the cakes, but we didn't have any of those. Everything in the display counter looks wonderful and they have the biggest selection of biscotti I have ever seen anywhere. I would go back for more pie, and would try some biscotti and bagels, but I think I'll stay away from the cakes. I did think the prices were a little high compared to what I am used to at home. Each pie was $6, which is higher than most restaurant prices for pie... Also, the person behind the counter never greeted us or acted like he really cared that we were there.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ladylynnea

Annapolis, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Big fresh bagels to feed a house full of hungry kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

We were surprised that there wasn't a bagel shop in Duck and noticed this bakery in Loblolly had "bagels" on the sign. The bagels were pricy but very good. They were huge so a dozen and a half easily fed 20.

Visited August 2011
Reidsville, North Carolina
“Quite possibly the worst bakery we have ever been to”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

Upon first glance, we thought it would be delicious. The smell is amazing when you walk in the door... maybe that's where the nice stops. We should have read the reviews.

We picked two different things-- a red velvet cake slice and a cheesecake cupcake and with a small piece of fudge.

Red Velvet- Tasted like the inside of a freezer without it being covered. It was dense, but had no flavor. My mother makes better cake then that. The frosting was absolutely horrid. Red velvet is my absolute favorite-- I know my cream cheese frosting. This tasted like cheap butter that had been mixed together. Gross, I couldn't even finish it.

Cupcake- I'll make it short and sweet. There was ZERO cheesecake in this supposed cheesecake cupcake. It was dry and falling apart and the frosting was appalling.

Fudge- OVERPRICED. It was OK, but nearly 3 dollars for a 1x1 piece? Get a life that is ridiculous. You are in Duck not Milan.

Finally, we called in to let them know. My fiance was perfectly nice and just wanted to tell them because maybe it was an easy fix like an untrained employee or an oven issue (trying to be positive) and he asked for the manager. They said they were gone for the evening so he just relayed the message. He kept an even tone and all of the sudden the owner's daughter got flat out rude with him blaming us basically and saying someone always calls in and complains and we don't know what we are talking about. She said there is nothing she can do about it and there is nothing she can do about it by calling in because he parents will tell him the same thing and it's just tough. Oh well... time to support the other locals that appreciate the hard earned dollars we pass onto them. I'll be looking for a new establishment the next time I come.

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank jillstokes
Greencastle, Indiana
“Worst cake ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

After seeing ads and commercials in the past, we decided to drive from where we were staying in Kitty Hawk, to order a cake for out son's thirtieth birthday. We agree with the last post, the cake was so dense a large knife hardly cut it. Supposedly it was baked fresh and we had to pay $5.00 more for buttercream icing. Well none of the six of us adults have ever had a cake with no taste! Cake nor the icing had any flavor and the cake didn't even soak up milk. No vanilla or almond flavoring in either cake or icing. This was a $30.00 waste of
Money. We would have gotten better cake at the Food Lion. We learned put lesson the hard way and I can honestly say, in my family we have never thrown any cake away, let alone 2/3 of cake.

2 Thank Luvs2Travel5914
Springfield, Missouri
“I keep hoping this place will improve. It doesn't. Worst cake ever.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

I have tried three times to like this place but each time I go, I'm disappointed. By the service, the product and the chaos that is this bakery experience.
In Sept. 2010 I ordered a birthday cake for a friend. It was an 8" round that cost $40. The frosting looked nice but when we cut into the cake we needed a very large knife to cut through this dense, horrible mess. It tasted like the inside of a freezer, like it had been frozen for quite awhile and put in the freezer still hot to begin with. ABsolutely awful. Having read other reviews online about how rude these people are, I chose not to take the cake back and ask for a refund. I simply threw the cake away and was very sad for my friend I bought it for.
The chaos I refer to is the complete lack of "flow" in their retail space. There is no method...who ever steps up first gets waited on. The cash register is in a corner near the self-serve coffee and it all completely bottle necks with customers and the servers on the other side of the counter all wait in line to use the register leaving no one to wait on the next customer (not to mention the handling food AND money issue) How hard would it be to have ONE person to ring up sales?

I live in Duck in the summer and will never recommend this place to anyone. Very overpriced for very poor quality and chaos.

• Visited September 2010