“Best Coconut Shrimp I have Ever Eaten!”

Fishbones Raw Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 34 Restaurants in Duck
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 August 2016

I took my nine grandkids here in the Fishbones in a strip mall (second floor) not the Raw Bar, and they fed mightily. She Crab Soup, Crab Cakes, Shrimp and Clams, they eat every bit of the food. I had the coconut shrimp and it was the best I have ever eaten. Soft succulent shrimp, cooked just right, and the She Crab Soup was excellent as well.

1  Thank AngloAmerican3333

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I broke off from the rest of the family for our last night in town and came here for dinner. I'm really bummed by the negative reviews, because we had a really great experience. Our waitress Ashley W., was really attentive and kind. She helped me decide on Tuna Avocado, which was delicious and cooked to perfection. My husband had a burger, and he was also pleased. It seems like most of the reviews are from people who are mad about the wait. If you're going in the middle of dinner rush at the beach with your party of 6 or more, yeah, you're going to wait. Thanks, Fishbones and Ashley!

1  Thank Jamie E
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

The bucket of bait was great with fresh steamed seafood. The shrimp was excellent, with Old Bay seasoning. I got the crab cake dinner, which was coated and fried (not what I was expecting). The crab meat was good, though.

Reviewed 25 July 2016

Our family was looking for a place to have a late dinner after returning from a miniature golf outing. We called from the car and asked to have our name placed on the wait list, but were told they would not honor our request. We arrived to a 35 minute wait at 9pm. We found seats at the bar. The male bartender was very friendly and gave us excellent service. The female bartender acted as if we were putting her out when ordering lemonades for our teenagers. As the dining room was emptying out, there were many tables not cleared. I approached the young lady who took my name. She shrugged her shoulders and said she isn't the hostess. The hostess came over to me and immediately started to clean a table for our family. Unfortunately, the young lady who shrugged her shoulders was our server. We were seated for 2 minutes, when she abruptly asked if we wanted to start with appetizers. We asked her to give us a few moments. Upon her return, we order calamari and nachos with the salsa and guacamole on the side. The appetizers took at least 20 minutes. Our nachos came out with salsa on them and no guacamole. When we addressed it with our server, she rudely stated it pico de Gallo, not salsa and stated she didn't think we wanted the guacamole. We was clearly not interested in waiting on us. Our meals were OK and she quickly dropped the check when we were eating. It it was for the kind hostess and the friendly make bartender, I have rated this place poor. The place need s a new wait staff to get people coming back. By far, our worst experience during our week in Duck.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

Food from the limited menu was great! Loooong wait even though tables were open. Super nice bar staff made us comfortable.

No air , folks. Too hot to eat! I took mine back to the hotel.