“A Great Place to Stay”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
mpuckett
Alexandria, Virginia
“Disappointing Stay, Poor Management Company”
Reviewed 21 September 2010 for a stay in September 2010
person found this review helpful

It is hard to have a bad week in OBX, and overall had a great time, but had some serious complaints/problems with our house and the management company consistently acted as though they couldn't be bothered.

One of the main reasons we chose this house was for the hot tub and the advertised solar heated pool. Upon our arrival we found that the hot tub was not working. We called on Saturday, and again on Tuesday about that. On Wednesday, someone came and fixed it--no apology or even an explanation from anybody as to the delay, but I'm pretty sure they forgot to call in the problem the first time. As it was, we had that for three nights out of the week.
Secondly, after some poking around, we found the solar heating system for the pool. After playing around, we thought we had turned it on, but a second look showed that this system was not even connected to the piping. The pool is far to cold without it in September, and no one bothered to let us know that this advertised amenity was not available. The hot tub guy said there "was a problem and he had had to disconnect it a few weeks ago." He needed to get the owners permission to do any work on it, and hadn't received the ok yet, did he want us to check? "Yes please"; but of course no one got back to us.
I had to get a package delivered while I was staying there. The management comp. recommends that you have it delivered to their office, which I did. After I received a delivery comfirmation email, I called the office to confirm, and they told me "it wasn't there". Could you check again please, I have a confirmation it was delivered? "I asked everyone, it isn't here". So, I start the hassle of checking up on the package: 15 minutes later I get a call from the office to tell me it WAS there; again, no apology or even a hint of embarrasement.
They are always very friendly on the phone, but leave the impression that they are all about the sale, not the service--for the amount they are charging, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect more.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
KS
Reviewed 13 July 2010 for a stay in June 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
NJ
Reviewed 30 July 2009 for a stay in July 2009

Liked best: Floor Plan
Liked least: No Wireless
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 65+

Liked least: No internet
Travelling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 45-54
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Luxury-minded travelers
Bloomfield Hills MI
Reviewed 5 October 2008 for a stay in August 2008

Liked best: Multiple decks
Liked least: Kitchen utensiles
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing