“Our Favorite Restaurant on the Outer Banks”
Review of Aqua Restaurant

Aqua Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Aqua Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 34 Restaurants in Duck
Price range: USD 10 - USD 32
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 12 North
Description: The most beautiful restaurant in Duck, North Carolina, AQUA Restaurant offers fresh regional cuisine, exquisite wines and casual dining in an elegant waterfront setting on the Outer Banks. Enjoy a memorable meal, excellent service, great company, live music, amazing sunsets and superb waterfront views. It's a AQUA thing!
Reviewed 3 May 2017

We drive the 80 miles from Norfolk to Duck just for Sunday brunch or an early dinner and have never been disappointed. A glass of Talbott Kali Hart Chardonnay, a bowl of corn and crab soup with truffle oil, any entree on the menu, and their new spring bread pudding for dessert - exquisite! Plus the beautiful waterfront view, a great happy hour menu, attentive staff - pure heaven!

Reviewed 2 May 2017

I've never ordered shrimp and grits before but I was happy I did here, goat cheese grits are pretty amazing. All the food we ordered was well prepared and well thought out with flavor combinations. There was a great view and nice deck seating on the water but it was a bit too windy to eat outside. Live music was nice in the bar area.

Reviewed 2 May 2017 via mobile

Stopped at Aqua for lunch with wonderful results! For a little adventure, we tried the "Truffle Fries" after our server, Bryan explained what it was. It is not chocolate, sorry, but a great new addition to my favorites. Lunch was delicious, as we watched he wind whip the waves of the sound.
There is also a spa, but did not utilize it. Go to website to check it out.

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

We make several trips each year to Duck, and Aqua is always on our "must" list. We often go once for lunch & once for dinner. The whole family went for Spring break, and when we arrived for lunch, there was no one at the front desk to greet us. We waited several minutes before someone appeared, and she didn't ask if we had a reservation, just led us to a table. I mentioned that I'd booked through Open Table, and she just smiled. I later received an email from Open Table, telling me how important it is to notify restaurants that we wouldn't be arriving for a reservation, and had to submit receipt info, to show that we had. My mom absolutely loves the crab and corn soup, and this visit, she said it tasted like they'd changed chefs, and didn't finish it. I ordered a burger, medium well, and it came out beyond well done, and was tough to chew. Every one of us had something they weren't satisfied with, and I can't remember a time that we've had a single issue in the past. I'm hoping it was an off day, or their usual chef was on vacation, so maybe we'll give it another shot when we're there in May.

2  Thank Egreaves
Judith F, General Manager at Aqua Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2017

I am very sorry you were unhappy with your Aqua experience and hope you will give us another try. My staff strives to provide the best food and service to our customers and I am disappointed that we did not live up to your expectations especially since you have been a repeat customer over the years. Please ask for Judy if you come by in May I am here most days.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

The three of us had a late lunch of fish tacos, fish and chips, and a burger. All were happy with the food and service. Nice water view and interior ambiance. We ate indoors, but they have ample outdoor seating, too. They switch from the lunch menu to the dinner menu at 3:00 PM. We arrived at 2:53 and they delightfully gave us the lunch menu, which is what we wanted. Nice choice.