Open today: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Review Highlights
Good old fashioned fun!

Today was our first visit with our seven and three year old grandkids to Three Bears Acres. What a... read more

Reviewed 13 April 2017
Cyndi D
Naperville, Illinois
What a fun day

With a Groupon and senior price it was a reasonable day for group of 6. Picnic tables to eat lots... read more

Reviewed 2 April 2018
gymlady30
Wall Township, New Jersey
via mobile

All reviews pvc pipe tree house concession stand paddle boats picnic tables mud toboggan structure groupon field fun
Reviewed 13 August 2015

I came to Three Bears a couple years ago and the biggest thing I remembered, after just remembering it was a great time for the kids, was to do the right side (pillow side) first! The immediate draw for kids is the toboggan slide on the left, but, from experience we learned that that leads you to the play ground area and pond, all well shaded....so by the time you get to the pillow side, it is later in the day, hot, and not shaded at anywhere. So, get there early and DO THE PILLOW SIDE FIRST, that way you are in the shade as the day warms up!!
Pillow is fun, graffiti wall, mud kitchen, sling shots and tubes are fun. Depending on age will depend how much time you spend at any of these areas. We never saw the archery area and the hay maze was out of season.
As we made our way to the woods, the slide was still a lot of fun. It was steeper a couple years ago as it used to start from the top of the wooden shed behind it, but I could tell then that it was wear out quickly. Their new update seems to work just fine, the speed is acceptable and we had no problem going all the way to the end, and literally stopping just centimeters from the end. The play equipment was still fun and they have added a lot more picnic tables. The splash area was new and the kids enjoyed the slip and slide and the sand/water area.
They now have indoor bathrooms (vs port a johns) and a snack bar which has some lunch food, bottled water and ice cream. FY - they have a water fountain but the kids said it tasted like "chocolate water" and was just gross...so don't count on those to refill your water bottles. Paddle boats are still there and fun.
I like that we can bring a picnic and sit anywhere, at a table or find your own spot on a blanket.
Check their website for specials, we were able to save about $7 or $10 by going on Thursday with my toddler.
It is definitely worth the drive, great place to get your kids off the screen and breathing fresh air. They have no problem with parents playing too (the slide was fun!). We were there for 4 hours and still could have stayed longer.
Lastly, activities is relatively close together but biggest "hike" comes from walking from one side of park to other to go to the bathroom or go back to your car.

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank DeniseNC72
Reviewed 28 May 2015

This is a great place for families with kids of all ages! 50 acres of outdoor fun. Paddle boats, painting, picnics, water fun, bouncing pillow, mud kitchen, archery, cornhole, swings, slides, kids ziplines, sandboxes, plenty to do! And the price makes it even better. Word of advice: Dress the kids in clothes that you don't mind them getting dirty and just take a change of clothes with you for the ride home.

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed 23 April 2015

We spent about 4 hours on a weekday at this great outdoor park. There are many neat activities for all ages to enjoy. There is plenty of room to run and play and enjoy the beautiful "woods" setting. Wear good shoes because there are many areas to see and are a good distance apart. My 6 year old had a great time! Loved the slides and the swings on the huge playscape. We also enjoyed looking for frogs down by the pond and watching the turtles. There are newly built indoor restrooms and the staff was very friendly. You can bring your own snacks or buy some at the Paws Café - drinks, ice cream, snowcones, etc... There is plenty of shade in the woods area with picnic tables and seating. We had a great day!

Date of experience: April 2015
1  Thank sweetcarolinenc
Reviewed 13 April 2015

We drove quite a bit to get out there, and we paid quite a bit to get in ($40 total for my family of 4), and when we walked in, my husband and I thought, "What the heck?" It looked like a big, spread out field with random activities the kids could just get injured on. I wanted to hate it, but my kids LOVED it. It did seem hot, even though it was a cool-ish day, so I am going to say they need more shade trees! I did see a kid (not mine) get hurt on the zip line, so we didn't let our kids do it. But, they let the kids run the paddle boats by themselves, which I thought was cool. Also, all the young people who were working there were really nice and helpful.

Date of experience: April 2015
4  Thank Karen1__R
Reviewed 11 April 2015 via mobile

Great concept. My kids had fun. But agree w other posters that most areas could use maintenance. Also some covered areas would be nice. The sleds should be at a steeper incline.