“Be sure to go early”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2018

Since this small restaurant is so popular it fills quickly. Our first meal of sautéed flounder with farro and peas (for me—substituted veggies for Celiac husband) that we went back a second night where the pork chop was a favorite of my husband. I also tasted it and could not taste the issues raised by the other reviewer. The tomato soup uniquely preserved the full tomato flavor and the piston and asparagus on top were great flavor enhancers.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

I have celiac. I deserve to know for sure if my food is gluten free. "I'm pretty sure" is not a good answer. The server was pretentious and the chef unwilling to come out to explain things. Menu says NO SUBSTITUTIONS. Well, does that include me or not?

Reviewed 20 April 2018

Who'd ever think there would be such a fantastic restaurant in the strip mall next to the Harris Tweeter market? Without reservations, we got there when it opened at 5 pm and were seated right away. Food and service were fantastic -- family of 5 shared 2 large bib lettuce salads, 2 perfectly cooked thick porkchops with grit cake and zucchini slaw, 2 rockfish with rissoto and sprouts, and side order of fries. Very tasty and well presented. Great cozy atmosphere.
Finished with vanilla cheesecake and a chocolate trio with smores. Would go back again and again!

Reviewed 6 April 2018

Have been here several times, need a reservation even in the off season, and in-season it is the only way you will get in. Nice varied menu, that changes often. Servers are personal and do a very nice job of providing insight into the menu items.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We hadn’t been here since 2017, but the food was fabulous! The pork shank ‘snack’ was simply amazing and the bib salad was delightful! GREAT FLAVORS!!
Then the sautéed rockfish and WOW! The vegetarian dinner with sliced sautéed butternut squash was fantastic!! What a wonderful fine dining meal!!
Highly recommend!