“Surprisingly delicious!”

Ranked #10 of 87 Restaurants in Corolla
Price range: USD 7 - USD 22
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: We visited the last week of June, 2012 and they told us they had only been open 10 days. They handled a party of 15 as if they were doing if for years. The salsa was unbelievable! The food was light fresh and delicious!!
Reviewed 3 September 2018

I dodn't have super high expectations but the food was really delicious and the quesadilla was probably the best I have ever eaten - the meat and veggies were grilled to perfection! The service was a little mixed but still highly recommend!

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

This is one of our favorite restaurant in Corolla! We always call ahead and make reservations. Everything was delicious, as always. The queso is the best I ever had!

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I was excited to meet my friend for lunch here, but we arrived at 1pm and the door was locked. It is open for lunch and the hours clearly posted in window, but it wasn’t open. Disappointed. Wish I could have tried it!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped at Agave Roja around 8:30 on a Sunday evening- a time you’d expect most places to be quieting down. Not here- almost all the tables were full.
We were seated quickly and greeted by our super friendly server-Taylor. She was knowledgeable about the menu, helpful and fun- and once we mentioned it was my birthday, she made sure the experience was special. Thin, crispy tortilla tips and fresh salsa were abundant and the margaritas top notch. Our meals were all hot, served after just enough time with drinks and chips, and FANTASTIC. This was our first OBX trip, but not our last and Agave Roja will definitely be on our list of places to return to!!

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

This restuarant is delightfully consistent year after year. Another great meal. We enjoyed the ceviche, seared tuna, chili relleno. Superb.