Review Highlights
FABULOUS EXPERIENCE-GREAT FOIKS WORK HERE!!

MountainMama7777
Yucaipa, California
Terrific Wild Horse Tour

Ashford817
Rocky Point, New York
via mobile

All reviews penny hill wild horses thanks john our tour guide the outer banks sand dunes open air truck his passion hour tour great tour his job two hours a lot of fun off road highlight of our trip the entire trip an excellent guide
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had set and paid for a reservation (which you need!) but received a phone call saying they needed to alter the reservation, and we couldn't drive the ATV, which my husband reeeally wanted to do. But, when we got there, Dave took us out for a personalized, private tour instead. We sat up high in the truck, had perfect views, it was just the two of us. Dave stopped often to offer the most interesting explanations of what we were seeing. He is a really cool guy, with a plethora of knowledge. We were so happy the reservation got changed to this, because it was the most outstanding part of our trip to the outer banks. We highly recommend you do the tour with this company!! They treat you right!!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It was a perfect day, weather-wise, and this tour was the perfect way to spend it. It’s a full two hour tour along the beaches and back sand “roads” in search of Corolla’s wild horses. We saw plenty of them. The tour guide, Dave, gave us the information we needed and enjoyed without the incessant gabbing that many tour guides feel is necessary. This was a really great experience.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Lots of fun. Guide John very knowledgeable and FUN. Made sure we saw the horses on the beach. Would highly recommend. Drive the Jeep!!!!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

There were many tour companies we passed through the tour - but CJA definitely stood apart. They feel so much more authentic and less commercialized. We rented a Jeep to drive on our own, which followed a larger hummer/group on tour. John was our guide and he is outstanding! He was so knowledgeable and knows how to captivate an audience. He mentioned he is a former marine, but also a sweetheart - and its so true! there's something about him that reminds me of Ernest P. Worrell - but he legit knows the dunes, horses and history. What a wonderful experience! It was a blast driving the jeep wrangler along the beach and through the dunes. You have to do it!

Reviewed 24 August 2018

What a great kayak experience. Ask for Shane. Great trip and we felt like we were hanging out with one of friends. He was very knowledgeable about the area and wildlife. Ride out on the beach to get to the kayak site allowed us to see the horses too. We had a great overall experience.

Reviewed 21 August 2018

Our family of four booked 2 ATVs for a 6pm tour. We were the only ones on the tour and thus had a private experience. Our tour guide, Dave, was amazing! After a brief delay to let a thunderstorm pass we took off for the private dune sanctuary owned by the company. On the way we passed two groups of wild horses on the beach and stopped to have a close-up look. Once we arrived at the dunes Dave was thorough in giving safety instructions on how to handle the ATVs. He then led us on an amazing ride along the trails through maritime forests and up and down the dunes - at one point we got out of the vehicles to enjoy the dusk views of the ocean and the bay from the top of the large sand dune, and to our surprise a group of wild horses walked out of the woods and right up to us! Dave was an incredible guide, knowledgable and patient, safety-minded but still willing to give us an exciting and challenging ride. All in all a very memorable experience for all of us!

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I cannot rave enough about the Corolla Jeep Adventure tours. Kelly was our tour guide! Kelly and staff made sure that my out of town family (including my 4 year old) were well accommodated! From beginning to end this tour and experience was nothing short of life changing. My siblings and I booked this tour for my mother’s milestone birthday (it has always been a bucket list item for her to see the wild horses of Corolla). We never imagined the incredible adventure we quickly became apart of! You can tell that the staff has such a passion for these majestic animals...and to learn of their history, the history of various landmarks on the beach, and of course the awesome ride there was simply icing on the cake! You don’t visit too many tourist attractions in today’s “all about a dollar world” where you feel like just another local. I applaud Kelly and her staff for staying true to the small town vibe while sharing an incredible experience like witnessing the wild horses of Corolla!! Also-I would like to especially highlight that weather can be incredibly unpredictable at the beach and our tour quickly met I’ll weather (lightening and heavy rains). In the middle of the tour, Kelly pulled over the open air jeep and asked for all the children to hop inside her guide truck as we headed back to the shop. This may not sound like a big deal, to some, this may even sound like common sense; however, to know that someone cares more about my child than collecting a dollar or simply “doing a job” meant the world to me!! I WILL DEFINITELY RETURN ANNUALLY!! If I could rate this establishment higher than 5 stars I would! Love you Corolla Jeep Adventures!! Thank you for making my Mother’s birthday UNFORGETTABLE!!! Sincerely-The Perkins

1  Thank MomOnaMission2
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

We loved our tour- very long and fun adventurous bumpy ride on the Jeep! We saw several wild horses and a gorgeous sand dune. Funny and extremely informative tour guide.Simple but a lot of fun!

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

We rented a Jeep and had a guided tour. We did an early morning and were the only ones. Our guide mike was great and we saw a bunch of horses. The Jeep we rented was a bit rough and a rear seatbelt didn’t work and th suspension was well worn out so it was bumpier then normal (this coming from someone who owns a Jeep). Other then that it was loads of fun.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We had a great Jeep tour looking for the horses. We saw 6 horses and driving on the beach was a neat experience. Mike was our guide and did a fantastic job of pointing out dolphin and bait balls. He would stop occasionally, walk back to our Jeep, and point things out and give us some history of the houses and beach life. It is a 4x4 only area So really cool to see all of the different jeeps and 4x4s. We definitely recommend Corolla Jeep Adventures and Mike the Guide!! Next time we are booking the ATVs to see what that is like!!