Review Highlights
Jeep Adventure Tour Corolla NC

Lots of fun. Guide John very knowledgeable and FUN. Made sure we saw the horses on the beach. Would... read more

Reviewed 1 September 2018
Eleanor T
via mobile
Jeep tour - this is the one you want!

There were many tour companies we passed through the tour - but CJA definitely stood apart. They... read more

Reviewed 27 August 2018
Barbara W

All reviews penny hill wild horses thanks john our tour guide the outer banks sand dunes open air truck his passion great tour his job two hours a lot of fun off road highlight of our trip the entire trip an excellent guide take pictures
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

OMG! We had so much fun on this adventure! There were 4 Side by Side 4x4's in our group. The leader John, in one and 3 couples in the others. John was hilarious, the best guide! It is on private land about a 15 minute truck drive from the office. We traveled over dunes, through paths in low trees, it was a blast. Unfortunately we did not see any of the famous horses. As Canadians, we were surprised no helmets were provided but apparently that's not required in this area. They did provide goggles to keep the sand out of your eyes which was quite helpful.

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I booked a party of seven for the wild horse tour and overall everyone had a good experience. The staff was very friendly and courteous. They have an ice cream shop next door so you can get some cold treats beforehand which was nice. We went out on one of the converted Humvee's which was clean and looked safe and well maintained. The seats were comfortable so even though the tour was a bit longer than I would have liked it was not unpleasant. Make sure to bring a bottle of water. It would have been nice if there were a Gott cooler and paper cups available rather then everyone carrying plastic bottles. There was a quick stop at a public park area with drinking fountains about half way so not that huge a deal. Going on top of the sand dune was a nice treat and the view made for a great picture opportunity. The history of the horses made it kinda cool to see them in their natural environment but for me a horse is a horse unless of course... All in all, if you don't mind riding in the back of an open air truck and you've never seen a horse or sand then this tour is for you. I will say that the kids thought it was the coolest thing ever though and that made it worth it for me.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

My wife and I took the ATV Tour and weren't disappointed at all. Online reservations were easy and everything ready when we arrived at the office. After a short ride on one of their tour trucks we arrived at the ATVs ready to go. The guide was very professional and thorough with the safety instructions. We probably saw more wild horses up close than the horse tour people did. Equipment was well maintained and easy to operate.

1  Thank Buddy W
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We decided to do the ATV tour for my daughters 21st birthday and we were not disappointed. It is a little pricey but we thought it was well worth it! Rich was our tour guide and he was funny, informative and really liked what he was doing - ask for him!! We took an open truck ride to the dunes to get to the ATVs. Then after a brief tutorial got to ride through the wooded areas, towards the sound and on the dunes. There was an awesome drop (think roller coaster) that was a blast. It was a very fun way to see some of the OBX.

1  Thank dhyser96
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

My wife, son, daughter in law, and I had a great time. We saw a number of wild horse harems and even saw a couple of stallions face off (rare event). Our guide, Richard, was very cheerful, informative, and helpfull. We will do this again sometime