“Nice time on horse tour”

Corolla Jeep Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Go with the original jeep adventure co. See the wild horses and four wheel on private land! the only tour co. to offer terrain designed for fun! and groomed for the wild horses!!
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I booked a party of seven for the wild horse tour and overall everyone had a good experience. The staff was very friendly and courteous. They have an ice cream shop next door so you can get some cold treats beforehand which was nice. We went out on one of the converted Humvee's which was clean and looked safe and well maintained. The seats were comfortable so even though the tour was a bit longer than I would have liked it was not unpleasant. Make sure to bring a bottle of water. It would have been nice if there were a Gott cooler and paper cups available rather then everyone carrying plastic bottles. There was a quick stop at a public park area with drinking fountains about half way so not that huge a deal. Going on top of the sand dune was a nice treat and the view made for a great picture opportunity. The history of the horses made it kinda cool to see them in their natural environment but for me a horse is a horse unless of course... All in all, if you don't mind riding in the back of an open air truck and you've never seen a horse or sand then this tour is for you. I will say that the kids thought it was the coolest thing ever though and that made it worth it for me.

All reviews
"great tour"
in 15 reviews
"an absolute blast"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 8 reviews
in 3 reviews
"take photos"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 19 September 2017

My wife and I took the ATV Tour and weren't disappointed at all. Online reservations were easy and everything ready when we arrived at the office. After a short ride on one of their tour trucks we arrived at the ATVs ready to go. The guide was very professional and thorough with the safety instructions. We probably saw more wild horses up close than the horse tour people did. Equipment was well maintained and easy to operate.

1  Thank Buddy W
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We decided to do the ATV tour for my daughters 21st birthday and we were not disappointed. It is a little pricey but we thought it was well worth it! Rich was our tour guide and he was funny, informative and really liked what he was doing - ask for him!! We took an open truck ride to the dunes to get to the ATVs. Then after a brief tutorial got to ride through the wooded areas, towards the sound and on the dunes. There was an awesome drop (think roller coaster) that was a blast. It was a very fun way to see some of the OBX.

1  Thank dhyser96
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

My wife, son, daughter in law, and I had a great time. We saw a number of wild horse harems and even saw a couple of stallions face off (rare event). Our guide, Richard, was very cheerful, informative, and helpfull. We will do this again sometime

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Hello All, I could not have nothing negative to say about my time at the Jeep Adventures in Corolla. We had a group of 6 people and one child ( 4 years old ) going for the "sunset" tour. We had Richard as our tour guide and he was excellent. He had such a passion and knowledge for what he was doing. He cared about your time driving the jeep and taking in the scenery of the beach and horses. Stopped and told us the history of the area and you can just tell that this he was so interested and cared so much about the care of the environment. I highly recommend that you do this tour with your family and kids! We will surely be doing it again! Richard thanks for entertainment!!

1  Thank JustinKapp19