“A Dream”
other travellers have booked this property
DSC 0537 DSC 0690
DSC 0738
DSC 0749
Photo courtesy of Tina Stack - Sept 2012
Photo courtesy of Tina Stack - Sept 2012
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Angela I
“A Dream”
Reviewed 22 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We had such a great time! The house was even better than the pics!! So clean! Flip was so responsive to all of my emails and questions! You pretty much have a good portion of the beach to yourself. The wild horses were amazing! We want to live there full time now! Flip, if you ever sell your house please send me an email! :)

Your age range 35-49
23 Aug 2017
Angela,
We are so glad that you're family had a great time! A lot of folks make that wonderful area their full time home! I'll let you know if we ever decide to sell! We hope to see you again next year.
Flip & Melody
JewelD1
Youngsville, North Carolina
“Secluded Paradise!”
Reviewed 9 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

I'm not sure where to start with my review for this amazing little spot.
First off, the home owner, Flip, was wonderful to work with and even calmed my nerves when the key hadn't arrived a few days before we were due to be there.

The house is tucked away from the beach, past the dunes, and surrounded by pines and live oaks in the woods. There are a couple of other houses close by, but you would never know there was anyone else there because it's so quiet and peaceful. There is an open deck and a screened in porch so when it's time to come off the beach you can still be outdoors. It was so nice to be able to leave the beach everyday and return to the shady, cool, quiet of the house.
The kitchen is VERY well supplied with cookware and tableware.
The queen bed was extremely comfortable.
There are board games in the second bedroom closet and lots of DVDs in the entertainment center in the living room if you have a rainy day.

It was unseasonably cool during our visit and we were able to open the windows and listen to the birds, crickets, and frogs singing at night.
There was plenty of "evidence" that the wild horses had been under the house, but we never saw them there. However, we saw them EVERYWHERE else. In fact, we saw so many horses driving back and forth to the beach everyday that I finally stopped taking pictures. We also saw rabbits, deer, hawks, ospreys, and dolphins almost on a daily basis.

This vacation was amazing! I can't imagine a more restful place to spend a week and we can't wait to return to Wash Woods.

12 Aug 2017
Wow, thanks for a great review! We're so glad your family had a wonderful vacation. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Cathy C
“An adventure!”
Reviewed 27 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

This was a really different type of vacation for us. A friend drove up from Georgia with her dog and met us and our dogs there. A Scary start, 36 degrees, driving on the beach for the first time in gale winds, but by the end of the week was sunny and I was a beach driving pro! Went out on our own looking for the horses and found them twice! I have some great pics and videos! I have recommended to all my friends, and I think a few are going to be contacting you! Thank you for letting us stay at your lovely house!

28 Mar 2017
We are glad you had a great vacation. Thanks for recommending us to your friends!
timking70
Ilion, New York
“Spectacular”
Reviewed 14 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

This was just what my wife and I needed to break up the winter blues. We are from upstate NY so the twelve hour drive to paradise was inevitable...4wd road was a great experience but the sun rises were the most beautiful thing to witness. The weather was ok for early march, we had a couple of 70 plus degree days. Only pitfall was not much is open yet that early in the season..Definitely will book again as the price is right for the peace tranquility that Flip provides. Really makes you feel right at home. A+ home and amenities

14 Mar 2017
We're glad you got a chance to escape the winter weather! Shame you had to go back to an early spring snow! Thanks for choosing to stay with us. I how we get to see you again soon. Glad you made it home safely.
Flip & Melody
scarlette...
“Perfect getaway.”
Reviewed 1 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

A beautiful location with all the comforts of home. I haven't been that relaxed in years. Thank you so much for sharing your home. Can't wait to visit again!

3 Mar 2017
Terrific! We're glad you had a relaxing stay. Looking forward to your next visit!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing