“A must for the family ”

Wild Horse Adventure Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Feel the ocean breeze and taste the salty air! See the wild horses of the Outer Banks and whip through beach, dune, and forest trails with Hummer Adventure Tours. Discover some of the most unique sights the Outer Banks has to offer. Our friendly and knowledgeable tour guides take you onto pristine northern beaches that are accessible only with a 4x4 off-road vehicle. With more terrain, no two tours are ever the same; so if you like history, ecology, adventure, and quick-witted comedy, we have you covered.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Patrick, our tour guide was very knowledgeable and made the trip very enjoyable. He was funny and personable. He even humored my 4 year old who wanted to take pictures of everything I would highly recommend this tour to anyone. The tour company was very organized and their vehicles were the best on the beach.

1  Thank Kelly R
Write a ReviewReviews (7,329)
All reviews
"our tour guide"
in 1,648 reviews
"great tour"
in 719 reviews
"the outer banks"
in 877 reviews
"wild horse adventure tour"
in 319 reviews
"beautiful horses"
in 214 reviews
"sunset tour"
in 119 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 150 reviews
"a lot of fun"
in 173 reviews

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Patrick our guide was awesome....the Hummer ride was very exciting! Seeing those wild horses was amazing, lucky to have spot them...

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I had the awesome pleasure of experiencing a Wild Horse Adventure Tours a few days ago (Mar 31). I have to say it was one of the things I was looking forward to the most on a jam packed trip of activities. Marshall was our tour guide and he was awesome. He provided lots of information & history about the area. He was engaging and wanted you to ask questions. I was super happy that we were lucky enough to see about 10 horses on our adventure. I can see how it would be disappointing if you don't see horses but you have to understand that these are fully wild animals and do as they please. I also thoroughly enjoyed the ride itself. Travelling in the hummer down the "public highway" beach between the water and the dunes was spectacular, even if it was a colder day. Travelling up and down the sand dunes was also super cool. The ride itself in my opinion was worth the tour price. This tour is definitely something I will be recommending to friends and hope to make it back here one day to do again. Thanks so much for the great memories.

1  Thank Ashley B
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Tom the outlaw gave us a great tour. I would definitely recommend him and this company. Fun drive on the beach in a hummer. Beautiful scenery. Beautiful horses.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Patrick was our tour guide and he was awesome! We all had an amazing experience! We were lucky enough to see horses! The off road drive on the beach was so cool! We did our tour at 3pm. It seemed to be perfect timing with the weather! Warm and sunny! Highly recommend, but I also highly recommend reading the FAQs on their page for all the questions you need answered. Overall awesome!