Clarion Inn Lake Norman
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanthe breakfast areawafflesan older hotellake norman areanice staystayed one nightwould stay againstaff was very friendlythe general manageri highly recommend this hotelconvenient locationcharlottepet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 December 2007

We decided to take a quick out of town visit to Charlotte and found everything in Charlotte to be way to pricey. I happened upon this place and booked it right away considering the closeness and the price. We found it alright and everything was very nice. From the start the front desk clerk was very chipper and happy to help us. The room was very clean, a little old, but that is what you get when you get a smoking room. The lobby was very nice and updated. They have a business area where you can use the internet and print out things if you to. The staff was very helpful when it came to asking directions and places of interest. Lake Norman was very beautiful and close. The pool looked nice, but it was closed for the season. The breakfast was wonderful, your average danishes, toast, and waffles, but it was hot and fresh even at 9:45. If you are a Nascar buff you are very close to lots of the drivers homes and where the cars are built and stored. Plus, you are about 20 minutes from Lowe's Motor Speedway. Charlotte is a close drive depending on where you want to go. We went shopping and there is lots of malls to choose from one is less than ten minutes drive down the interstate. There is a Pizza Hut, McDonalds, and a Ben and Jerrys within a half mile. Plus there is alot of other restuarants within a few exits on the interstate. Overall for the money this hotel is very worth it! We enjoyed our stay and would stay there again anytime!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank liltippers82
Reviewed 4 June 2007

We stayed June 1, 2007 to June 3, 2007. When we arrived at the hotel the lobby looked great. Check in went very well, just a couple of minutes and we were on our way to our room. Once in the room I was very happy. The rooms were clean, and looked great as well. I loved the fact that the bathroom was bigger then most hotels. The toilet was not right next to the bathtub. I hate most hotels pillows, but the ones at Best Western Cornelius were just like the ones I have at home. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank LSharpB
Reviewed 31 May 2007

I read the comments before i went to the hotel, the comments put down the hotel, i had the worst in mind, but at the time i needed something fast, but when i got there i was greatly suprised, the hotel was very nice, the staff was very friendly and accommodating, the rooms were very nice and clean, the beds were really comfortable, the continental breakfast had a lot of verity, nice cable tv selections, the pool was small but nice and had a little pool for kids, overall i was very pleased with my stay, i would definitely stay at this hotel again

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank km3craig
Reviewed 16 March 2007

This hotel was under renovation. The lobby was being tiled when we checked in and the rooms were dusty and seemed partially finished. But, the hotel was accommodating. They didn't have a double room, so they upgraded us to a suite for the same price. The first room had a problem with the toilet and the manager immediately moved us to another room when we called. The rooms still have the typical Best Western thin sheets and towels and the beds are just okay. Yet, given the slim choices in the area it served the purpose and wasn't bad for the money. Plan on booking ahead if you are going to Davidson or stay up the road in Mooresville where there are newer hotels and more dining options. Davidson is a picturesque college town that is worth seeing.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank cynthgso
A TripAdvisor Member
Stanley, N.C.
Reviewed 12 May 2006

I am so sad that anyone would write such an awful thing about a hotel. I had to stay there for 3 months while my house was built. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful my stay was. I was treated with the upmost respect from the front desk to house keepers. everyone was so friendly each and every day. the lobby was brght with sunshine coming in the windows. Was a very busy lobby but never saw any dogs unless they were on leashes. All pet owners were very respectable of hotel and other guest. My room was clean daily, privacy was observed. They offered me a great breakfast daily. Had a fitness room to work out in and all the staff were always there to help you with anything you could think of. there business center was most helpful. I would tell anyone I know to stay here. In fact I called Best Western International after i left to thank them for such a great place they had, and to let them know that I will tell everyone how good this hotel is. Shame on people trying to hurt a hotel's reputation like this. keep up the great work Best Western :)

• Stayed: September 2005, travelled on business