“Poor, poor service”

Cuisines: Japanese
Description: 336-778-1888
Description: 336-778-1888
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We have tried this restaurant 3 times now and we will not be back. The first time we went, it had just opened and although the food was ok, the service was s-l-o-w despite the restaurant being virtually empty. We tried it again last month and the service was even worse. I received and finished my entree (sushi) before my husband got his salad that came with his entree and he never did receive the soup he was supposed to get. Then tonight, my husband got his entire meal - soup, salad and entree way before I ever received my sushi.

As we were leaving our waitress, who was also the cashier and "bus boy" informs us that sushi chef wasn't there and their cashier/hostess was making the sushi and she had never made sushi before....not exactly what I want to hear after I consumed raw fish!

The food overall is average but the service horrible! You have 2 people responsible for busing, seating, waiting and cashiering. It's evident that the owners don't want to spend the money on getting adequate amount of staff to properly service the restaurant. Makes you wonder if they are also skimping on the quality of food.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

The Hibachi Chicken with mixed vegetables is very good and is enough for two people to share. We get the order for take out and it is quick. The staff are courteous and friendly. The restaurant is nice and the atmosphere is welcoming.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

We discovered Shiki thanks to a Living Social offer and what a nice discovery it was. Located in an out of the way building in Clemmons it is worth the short drive from Winston Salem.

Service was excellent and the sushi was outstanding. We shared a playboy roll, a hurricane roll and a tuna roll. The hurricane roll and tuna rolls were specials that evening. The playboy roll is just unbelievable - it's an inside/outside roll with shrimp tempura, tempura chips and spicy tuna on the inside and a spicy and sweet sauce on the outside – delicious! The hurricane roll was a crabstick and avocado roll topped with a spicy tuna mix.

The restaurant was immaculate. For a while we were the only customers but I think this is strictly because of the location – certainly not because of the food, which is wonderful. We can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

My favorite here is the sushi. I like the dinners too but it is pretty much standard fare at all the Japanese style restaurants in the area. I will say they usually do a decent job of not overcooking their meats which is a problem at some other similar establishments.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Shiki is a great Japanese restaurant that unfortunately seems to have a low traffic location. They have a very clean, spacious building, an excellent sanitation grade, delicious cuisine, and very reasonable prices. But since they are located halfway down Utility Drive, just down from the traffic circle off Lewisville-Clemmons, they seem to lack customers. I would recommend that the folks in Clemmons and Lewisville give them a try. It would be a shame to lose a nice restaurant like this, so show them some support and fill your bellies!

1  Thank doravo

Been to Shiki? Share your experiences!