“Pizza was yummy”
Review of Tavern 42

Tavern 42
Ranked #17 of 97 Restaurants in Clayton
Price range: USD 6 - USD 19
Description: Restaurant/Bar where you can enjoy appetizers, sandwiches, burgers, dogs, pasta dinners, vegetable options, etc. Also get an ice cold beer either on tap or bottle, many drink specials to choose from.
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Pizza tasted like home (New York). It’s not a huge place and seating is first come first serve. We are definitely coming back.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Food is very good, but before you order pasta ask for the price, I order Rolatini as a special and was not told that pasta will be extra and wait $4.00 more (insane).

T42nc, Owner at Tavern 42, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2018

I would like to take care of this for you. My name is Bernice, and when I entered the specials into our system, I didn’t check before I put it “live”. There should not have been a charge for the pasta. As soon as I was made aware of the problem, I corrected it. Unfortunately, you had left. When you come in again, please ask for me; or if you prefer, you can give me a call directly at 919-623-0683.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Stopped in on a Sunday after church because the kids wanted chicken wings and had heard this place had just that. We walked in and seated ourselves, not a big crowd there at all, and it took 12-15 minutes for anyone to come to our booth and greet us and ask to take our drink order. Once we ordered, it took awhile for the food to come out, and when it did, we found it to be good, but not great. Seems they did not have enough wait staff or kitchen help to handle the small crowd that was there on a Sunday afternoon. Maybe if I had gone there for the beer and bar, I may have a different feeling, but as a family dining experience, probably won't do that again.

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

its smallish and the decor is a bit dicey. can get crowded but the staff is friendly and food -- mostly bar food -- is decent. above average beer selection.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Great beer selection by far. They have lots of local bottles and varied other selections for good prices. Drafts as well. Food is simple and delicious. The mussels in the white wine sauce are their best item in our opinion but their wings and hotdogs, large sandwiches are incredible as well. You can get a hot dog for a couple bucks which you don't see in sit down restaurants anymore.