I feel so bad it has taken me so long to write this review. I do the travel and business planning for an office in Charlotte our company is worldwide. In early spring I saw the Esmeralda on-line and thought it might be a great place to host a business group leader retreat. After a few discussions with Doug from the Esmeralda, my husband and I decided to take a weekend and check out the Esmeralda before I booked my companies business retreat.
What an amazing place the Esmeralda. Our usual business retreat takes us to more of larger hotels or banquet facilities. After our stay at the Esmeralda we couldn’t believe how the Inn balances romantic weekends and vacationers with business groups. One rule was clear when vacationers are vacationing the Esmeralda doesn’t mix business. The same goes for business groups not being mixed with general guest stays. We found if you date is available you are assured the Esmeralda staff is there for you. The Inn’s decorating and service is geared to a refined guest who wants to sill have fun and relax.
My husband and I and our trip to the Esmeralda was nothing short of perfect. Every detail was met. The food in the restaurant was fantastic. While we were here we soaked in their new outdoor 20 person Jacuzzi and even roasted marsh mellows in a fire place on the patio. I had time to make all my plans for the business trip and when we left I knew the Esmeralda was going to set a new standard for a different type of business retreat.
Retreat days arrived and we were greeted by a staff person named Sharron. She is the Inn manager. She had everyone checked in before we arrived. From the moment we checked in through the fours day we were all here, the Esmeralda provided every item we needed for a productive week of work and pleasure. The breaks were added fun with the game room and many other spaces. Our off site team building we perfect for an afternoon of learning and team building. The food was adapted to meet our time, serving style and diet needs. A real home-run for our demanding group. We are already working on a return trip. Thank you to the owners of the Esmeralda and all the great staff.
I would like to make on side note about rooms. This is in defense of the Esmeralda and not other reviewers. When we were looking for our business retreat spot we saw some reviews cautioning future guest about rooms being small. Some of the rooms are small but looking beyond the room size we do extensive travel. Our criteria are Clean, Comfortable, Well Appointed, Wireless, Updated and Private Baths. The Esmeralda is all this times 10. The Inn itself has so many different areas to enjoy if you need size. The rooms were just perfect. We survey all attendees after a retreat and it was unanimous the Esmeralda had a perfect combination of elegant amenities and functional space to fit our needs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Esmeralda Inn and Restaurant is nestled within the Hickory Nut Gorge of the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains located in Chimney Rock, NC. Enjoy hiking, climbing and fishing and golfing. While dining enjoy the majestic views of Chimney Rock State Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Esmeralda Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Esmeralda Hotel Chimney Rock
- Esmeralda Hotel Chimney Rock
- Esmeralda Chimney Rock