“Fabulous stay”
other travellers have booked this property
View from front porch Hot Tub on covered front porch
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
View from front porch
Hot Tub on covered front porch
Bedroom 1
Bedroom 2
Kitchen
Living Room
Gas Log Fireplace, Satellite TV/VCR/DVD
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

vixxj
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“Fabulous stay”
Reviewed 22 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

My husband and I had a fabulous few nights' stay here. The cabin was lovely. We liked that it was tucked away and so peaceful. We really enjoyed the hot tub, it was a big bonus. The cabin was spacious and clean. The view was lovely. Beds were absolutely fine, we didn't find them too hard or too soft. Close to lots of little hiking trails and waterfalls; we found quite a few in a short drive. Definitely recommended!

22 May 2017
thank you. Glad to hear you enjoyed your trip.
Stockbridge, Georgia
Reviewed 12 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

12 Mar 2017
Thanks for your comments. Sorry, but there is no garbage pickup service outside the city limits. Most likely you paid for garbage service elsewhere, it was just included in cost instead of listed separately. We find most people prefer the lower rates and drop off what little garbage they may have vs paying higher rates for someone to come pick it up.
I'll check on the mattresses, but pretty sure thats the ones we replaced due to complaints about being to soft. We'll try to hit the middle ground that works for most people.
thanks
Darion
Teresa M
Hickory
“Wonderful cabin”
Reviewed 6 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

My boyfriend, myself and our pup just got back from spending a long weekend at Way Away Cabin. It was more that I expected. The cabin was cozy and warm, gave you a good at home feeling. We did our cooking at the cabin. There is a grill, be advised it is a charcoal grill so be sure to pick some charcoal up on the way. The hot tub was clean and had a lovely view of the mountains. We especially loved the VHS collections and watched several movies sprawled out in front of the fireplace. We did go into town on Sat for a couple hours and checked out the casino. We really aren't big gamblers but it was fun for a little bit. The only complaint I have is that the beds were very hard. I had seen this in other reviews and I had planned on bringing the memory foam mattress topper I have from home, but I didn't. I wish I would have, and next time I will. However, the couch pulls out to a bed, so we ended up sleeping on that. Was not a deal breaker. Overall we loved our stay and we will definitely be back.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
11 Feb 2017
Thanks. Hope you get to come back soon. Not sure what to say about the beds, we replaced mattresses a because they were "too soft". We'll try to stay with a standard grade and maybe that'll work.
thanks
madisontr...
Madison, Wisconsin
“Beautiful well maintained Cabin. Everything was just as advertised.”
Reviewed 20 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We were in NC for our son-in-laws Masters Graduation from Western Carolina Univ. They live very close to the cabin so it was very convenient. We were impressed with how clean the place was when we got there. It was mid December so the gas fireplace was a treat. The hot tub was much appreciated after a day of hiking in the Smoky Mountain National park. Rent an All wheel drive vehicle, The drive was steep especially after freezing rain. When we visit our daughter and her husband we will rent the cabin again.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
21 Jan 2017
Thank you for staying at Way Away. Hope you get to come back soon.
Reviewed 22 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

21 Jan 2017
Thanks for staying at Way Away. We'll add a note to the rules and guidelines so it's more clear what to do with the towels and linens. Thanks for the suggestion.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing